Sign in to follow this  

Stock 230/150 hard starting fixed

If you want to keep your 230/150 stock(meaning not taking out the Air box lid and exhaust baffle) Adjust your fuel screw to 2.5 turns from full in and it will start a lot easier and make more power. It is the little brass screw under the carb by the fuel bowl on the forward side. It is so simple but no one even bothers to try it. I know with the mods and a rejet it will make even more power but, I don't want to do all that and in the end it is still a play bike, if it is 16 hp or 18 with the mods, it is still no 35hp 250X. I am sure that it picks up a little hp in stock form with a turn of the screw. Try it, it is free.

My Daughters 150 was a real bear to start........until i did this and now it starts with one kick.....2 if it is real cold.

I've tried messing with the screw but i can find anything to be able to turn it espasially when the engine is hot....AGREED?

i've tried that but you cant like turn it with that when the engine is hot

wear a riding glove, find a longer paperclip, or just let it cool a few minutes and wait til it cools down just enough

Turn it before you start it then....................

Uh... So adjusting the screw wont hurt nuthin? My bike always seems to start hard and run pretty badly until its warm... My xr100 always fired right up and ran from cold well.

sorry for sounding like a dumass. but could one of you guys post a pic as to the location of the fuel screw.. my son's crf has this same hard to start issue. as i looked on the right side of the bike, i see a screw above the floatbowl, and one screw below, at the floatbowl. thanx Roger :thumbsup:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=13258

The fuel screw is the one the arrow is NOT pointing to. it is on the bottom of the carb. just picture the float bowl being attatched and the screw which the arrow is NOT pointing to is still exposed. note, you do not have to remove the carb or take it apart to turn the fuel screw.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=13258

The fuel screw is the one the arrow is NOT pointing to. it is on the bottom of the carb. just picture the float bowl being attatched and the screw which the arrow is NOT pointing to is still exposed. note, you do not have to remove the carb or take it apart to turn the fuel screw.

thank you very much, like they say a picture says a thousand words. :thumbsup: