07 Crf250r .... ?

Like the old honda scooter that you would wind them up with a few easy kicks on a kick starter and the hit the start button and it would spin the motor for you. Those worked good, I had one in high school. They will do something cool like that, then if you can power the efi without a battery your set. Some type of a computor to regulate the efi so no more jetting.

I just got an 07' an no EFI...the biggest change is that it's air cooled

...Oh wait i mean it's a 97'

Just in from a test rider is that Honda is using a flux capacitor on the 07s. Also, a new battery that is solar charged. Furthermore, there are rumors of tubeless tires, titanium spokes, clipless footpegs, and gripless seats.

I read a small part in the new Motocross Action mag that the CRF450 is to get the EFI for next year.

'rumored'

maybe they will add a few more pipes!! Imagine a CRF with 4 pipes (chromed even) just like a 1978 CB550K.... gee, I am getting all misty eyed thinking about my old 550....

Wow!...My first bike in college was a 1979 CB550K....I loved that thing but the first thing I did was put a Kirker header on it, lol! Ran forever!!

throttle jockey already cleared up that issue of having a battery to run efi. it is not neccesary. if the crf gets it it will be a revolutionary move. we will be able to remap our jetting with our laptops for altitude and track conditions. i think it all sounds great and if anything it will save weight. if you have looked at the efi box on yamahas 700 raptor, its tiny, and thats to run 2 cylinders. the drawback is going to be cost. an efi unit is going to be big dollars. but with the motorcycle industry as strong as it is today i think the hardcores will pay it. im just wondering when all this advancement is going to stall. the majority of riders today wouldnt know an efi from a brake rotor let alone know how to change their oil. if the crf's get efi they will be off the hook.

2007 CRF250R

Avalible at 1-800-trip-now

06CRF250R_Det_071.jpg

Why do I automatically think of the woman with three boobs on Total Recall?

Maybe becaus it's so wrong :thumbsup:

throttle jockey already cleared up that issue of having a battery to run efi. it is not neccesary. if the crf gets it it will be a revolutionary move. we will be able to remap our jetting with our laptops for altitude and track conditions. i think it all sounds great and if anything it will save weight. if you have looked at the efi box on yamahas 700 raptor, its tiny, and thats to run 2 cylinders. the drawback is going to be cost. an efi unit is going to be big dollars. but with the motorcycle industry as strong as it is today i think the hardcores will pay it. im just wondering when all this advancement is going to stall. the majority of riders today wouldnt know an efi from a brake rotor let alone know how to change their oil. if the crf's get efi they will be off the hook.

umm the yamaha raptor 700 is single cylinder :thumbsup:

LMAO :thumbsup:

Wrong???????????????? I find it totally erotic...Maybe that makes ME wrong??? :thumbsup:

ohh great..... i love honda but i hate this dual pipe thing now EFI... bigger price tag and a nightmare waiting to happen

2007 CRF250R

Avalible at 1-800-trip-now

06CRF250R_Det_071.jpg

"7 months of hard work guys! But we did it! triple pipe! Let's jump that triple! Whin! Whin! Whraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap! Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin! Whin whin! Clap! (landing) Craaack! F%%%%%CK!"

:thumbsup:

they might be fuel injected and by 2008 they all will be, and they will be all eletric start also because when u fall racing, its a big problem to get them started

you would not need a battery the are battery less efi systems meaning the have a cylinode and a magneto on the crank acts kinda like an alternator when starting first kick would charge system second kick would deliver flue and spark and third kick it would start

you would not need a battery the are battery less efi systems meaning the have a cylinode and a magneto on the crank acts kinda like an alternator when starting first kick would charge system second kick would deliver flue and spark and third kick it would start

Go back and read the posts. :thumbsup:

I heard it was going to have a pull start mechanism like lawnmowers. :thumbsup:

I'll get flamd for this but in my humble opinion EFI is not needed in a dirtbike. It's getting rediculous. You can visualize how a carb works and it is easy to take apart. EFI will be a good $ale$ gimmick. What's wrong with jetting a carb all of a sudden? I just kep thinking of that phrase "careful what you wish for". It's coming and it will work but why do we ned it? What is the advantage for the 90% recreational riders. Not having clogged jets?