PDS reservoir cap removal

Removing these caps with the green locktight,that is poured all over them from the factory, is beginning to make my life miserable! 06 models seem to be much worse. I have a well made tool that I connect to an air rachet. I have been using a torch to heat up the bottom of the reservoir and even tap on it with a hammer to break it loose but sometimes the aluminum threads from the cap embed in the reservoir ruining the parts. I am dying for someone to tell me they have a better way??? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You might not be getting the locktight hot enough. There is a fine line between not hot enough and to hot so ya need to be carefull. Try carefully tapping on the side of the resi (outside of where the caps threads are) just below where the top of the cap seats.

doc

I think it is good that you are removing the reservoir cap to ensure you remove every trace of contaminated oil. This can also be done very effectively by removing the compression adjuster and / or bleed screw. A bleed pump will be effective upon refilling / re-gassing, but any traces of old oil will contaminate the fresh oil contained in the bleed pump reservoir. Save yourself from the aggravation and leave the cap in place.