Sign in to follow this  

2.15 Rear Rim On A 250F

Is there an advantage or disadvantage with it if you use a 100/90 tire?

yes and no. i ride alot of sand/soft terrain. all the motocross tracks around here are soft. so i go for the 110 for that reason. at supercross i can afford to use the 100 hardpack tyre. i use the michelin MS3 (110/90) in the soft stuff, and am yet to get some hardpack tyres, but will more than likelly use the MH3 (100/90). i have a MS3 on the front, and i dont mind that for the harder stuff, but seeing as we have 90% of our rounds are soft dirt, i find that MS3 holds up good on most surfaces and the rear tyre is more of a critical choice.

Yes there is an advantage your 100 is not as rounded on the 2.15 rim ,what I

mean is that at high speeds on harder tracks or dirt you will be riding on the center knobs of your tire.With a 1.85 wheel and a 100 rear tire you will have less contact patch on the ground than you would with a 2.15 wheel resulting

in less high speed stability on hard pack. Some rear tires are better suited for thinner rims than others.Im running a 2.15 wheel with a maxxis 110\90 IT for my sons 250f .hes only 130 lbs soaking wet, it really helps him hook under power and hole shots are better.Went up 1 tooth on rear due to tire is taller.He says it feels like it pulls longer in lower gears ,but I think he just stopped some wheel spin and its not reving as fast in the softer dirt due to better bite.

there is a reason 250f's dont run 2.15's, not because they make it so it gets more traction, thats a good thing, but because these bikes dont quite have the power to turn them. your better off runnin stock. unless your on hard pack. sand will eat all of your bikes power up.