New with 06 TTR-50e !!!!

I have just bought 2 '06 TTR-50e for my kids (7 and 6 years old). :bonk::eek:

E-Start convinced me on TTR-50e over the CRF50.

Waiting for the customs duty and tax payment and getting the final clearance (had to import them from USA, cause in Chile Yamaha doesn´t sell them).

I am more anxious now than when I received my 05 WR450F.

Checking this forum to learn before the bikes arrives, I noticed some people found it hard to shift.

One of them found the solution: adjusting the clutch, but doing the opposite of what is said in the catalog. :bonk::bonk:

Can you give me any recommendation to take into account with these new bikes.

Thanks. ??

I have also purchased two TTR50s' for my 5 & 7 year old boys they love these bikes! Im starting to fix them up with all the GYTR & two brothers racing products they offer for them. I am also from Chile Santiago to be exact(how ironic)but i live here in southern california i sure miss all my family there! and all the beaches!! Good luck with the TTRs my kids are having a blast! ?

I JUST WANT TO RIDE!!!! cool commercial! ?
i like the pysco one better...thats a rapter 700 atv....thats a r6 sport bike....LOVE IT.....WHOA thats a ttr dirtbike thats awsome....something like that ....it killes me ?

Hi there "Turbo":

Regards from Chile (Antofagasta).

Just picked up the box on the airport, with the 2 new TTR inside. :bonk:

Have you had a problem like "hard shifting" ??? ?

Somebody says clutch regulation is the solution, but doing the opposite as manual says. :bonk::bonk:

Any recommendation ?

Thanks and good luck being in the states. ?

Hey MKP sounds like your from norte de chile? As far the clutch goes it is kind of stiff for small children, i usually put it in second gear (by hand) for them after they start them. it has a good take off in second & has enough topend to keep it there all day. I would get the folding shift lever from yamaha GYTR catalog because the original bends easy (falling down on the left side) and could possibly crack the case? it is also longer so the children don't accidentaly kick it out or down a gear also check the 10mm bolt that holds the shift lever it was lose on both of mine, the chain need constant adjustment! it will fall off and get stuck between the sprocket & frame and bend the chain:cry: ? Good luck!

PS: Is the summer almost over ? Thank's... Gino Lancellotti

Hi Gino:

Thank you for the tips. (Folding shift lever, shift lever bolt, chain adjustment) ?

I'm from Antofagasta (North of Chile, Atacama Desert).

Effectively, summer is over here, everybody is at school now. :bonk:

Will be in touch for more help.

Thanks ?

Marco Kutulas