Semi-spoiler(Qualifiers) for Daytona about Pastrana

Pastrana backflips Daytona finish line

DC just called in from Daytona, where Travis Pastrana won his heat race and then made a little supercross history by pulling a backflip over the finish-line jump. He didn't actually land it, but it was pretty spectacular. Look for Simon Cudby photos shortly!

Dam,,,, ya beet me to the scoop. ??:bonk::bonk:

I called BS right away as well, but it really seems to be the real deal.

Yeah, TP may seem like the village idiot, but he is one POPULAR idiot who is having fun and has tons of money to pay for it all.

He also seems like one heck of a nice guy!

The AMA, however, was not too pleased by Pastrana's trick. Afterwards, Pastrana was told by the AMA that if he did it again, that his Pro license would be pulled for good. So don't expect to see another Pastrana backflip in the main show. If he does another, don't expect to see him race again.

What the hell is the big deal? If anything alot more people will view with TP at daytona, the kid is phenominal. Truly and pleasure to watch on anytrack. If he gets hurt its his own fault. That's like pulling someones license for crashing and getting hurt. Damn the ama is completely and utterly useless. What purpose do they serve anyway? The only reason I sign up is so i can go ride at the tracks and race. Otherwise I have never even bothered to use any of there services nor care too.

How exactly do they benefit us?

I agree with AMA on this one. I am a big TP fan but there is no place for that in racing. I think all that stuff should be stopped. What separates us from most other sports is the mutual respect. We don't want end zone dances or nascar antics do we?