Sign in to follow this  

04 Crf450r Coolant Problem

My 04, CRF450R is leaking coolant out of the radiator overflow. The service agent is telling me it's because I blew a head gasket. Is this true?

Constantly or every once in a while?

They will puke out the overflow if you keep the bike running and it's not moving. There are no fans on the rads to keep it cool.

If it's constantly flowing out the overflow even when moving and the bike is still rather cold then it's very likely you have a blown head gasket.

they will puke a little if your not moving and getting airflow through the rads. if it's puked check your hose right next to the tube and make sure it,s not closed off. the stock hose will close up thus causing extra presure on the cooling system ands then the head gasket is the first thing to go.

they will puke a little if your not moving and getting airflow through the rads. if it's puked check your hose right next to the tube and make sure it,s not closed off. the stock hose will close up thus causing extra presure on the cooling system ands then the head gasket is the first thing to go.

How does a kinked outlet hose cause the coolant system extra pressure. That hose must be way pinched off or tied off to do that. Sure the hose is soft and can bend up there if there is little of no slack for a slight bend at the overflow outlet, but it seems farfetched to say that would cause a blown head gasket. How does that cause more pressure on the headgasket than what the combustion is exerting already? :thumbsup:

i didn't say kinked i said closed off. they have a tendancy to melt together right next to the nipple. then the rad cap can't by pass @1.1 i have seen this happen twice.

i didn't say kinked i said closed off. they have a tendancy to melt together right next to the nipple. then the rad cap can't by pass @1.1 i have seen this happen twice.