One more tooth on the drive sproket

Increasing the number of teeth on the drive sprocket decreases low end and increases top end. You'd be looking at approximately a 7% increase in top speed, but that is strictly theoretical as I simply used some math to figure it out and not any direct experience...SC

Looks like you live in Pennsylvania. You ride mostly wooded trails right? I just went done one in the front and up one at the tire. Big boost in acceleration. I can ride a gear higher and motor up hills better than ever. By going up one in the rear and down one in the front you can use the same size chain.

Looks like you live in Pennsylvania. You ride mostly wooded trails right? I just went done one in the front and up one at the tire. Big boost in acceleration. I can ride a gear higher and motor up hills better than ever. By going up one in the rear and down one in the front you can use the same size chain.

Stock is 15/50 on US models, correct? Would that put you at 14/51 now Jaggley? I've been wanting to do this on my '06 and it's good to hear positive feedback and actual experience with the setup. I'm mostly on single track etc so top speed is not that much of an issue. Especially with the wide ratio tranny.

sorry bout my previous post. Increasing the drive sprocket will increase top speed like clark said. I think goin up one tooth on the front is like goin down 3 and half teeth in the back. Goin down one tooth in the front would lessen the gap between gears, but you will lose some top speed. I went down one tooth in the front and back for the sand and really liked it, but kept the stock gearing for the dirt.

I run 15/50 at the moment. There is enough chain to do so.

It is geared a bit to wide, I think 14/48 would be perfect. My bike has enough power to pull it though. I wouldn't bother if you have a stock muffler.

I don't go for that imaginary 6th gear with 15/50 gearing, like I used to with 14/50.

The reason I went 15/50 is because I got the 15 sprocket in the spares kit.

In PA I ride a good combination of wooded tight trails and power lines.

I don't know if I want more speed thru teh gears but would like to try a 16 drive to feel the difference then try a 14 drive to get the feel.

I'm not sure which is the best, lease expensive way to go:

UP / Down on drive gear or

Up / Down on the rear sproket

From the post above, it sounds like there is enough chain to go up on the front.

Does anyone know, Is there enough to go up 2 on the rear?

Thanks