Fanny Pak's

I currently have a camelbak Mule and it really dont have enough room for all the stuff i want to carry. So i was looking into buying a fanny pak and was wondering if you guys had any recommendations. http://www.rockymountainatv.com/typeDetail.do I like the Thor. I was also looking into a number plate bag. http://www.dirt-bike-gear.com/number_plate_bags.html Thanks in Advance for any help...Scott

I just saw a numberplate bag on CRF's Only site, I'll prolly get one. ? I bought an Acerbis Fanny Pack last year on eBay, It's awesome. I actually fastened it onto the headlight guard of my ATC 250R for my Hatfield-McCoy trip. It helped keep the front wheel down on the Black trails. You can check it out in my Garage pics.

Check this out..

http://wolfpakusa.com/index.html

drink system, fanny pak, rib protector..which takes the place of a kidney belt

it bolts to a chest protector, all the weight is off the waist, and it doesn't bounce around.

My opinion, best system i've ever tried..

Ron

This system looks cool, hey Ron, did you race with this system in the SF250?

One question, due to all the weight being on the back of the chest protector, does it pull it downward? or the front of the chest protector doesn't try to choke you? Congrats on the SF250!!

Pedro from Baja (Ensenada)

I have a MSR medium sized fanny pack that I love. It fits all the tools to pretty much tear down my bike plus extras. I use a 70 oz. camelbck for hydration and for my air pump. As long as I keep the straps on the camelbck snug it doesn't noticeably touch the fanny pack.

Scoot, if you got a Cosco around you, take a gander. The one hear has a backpack with a water system for like 20 bucks.

I switched from the fanny pack to a backpack and will never go back. My pack has to large compartments, a insulated place for my bladder. I can carry a ton of tools, a huge lunch, 100 oz's of fluid and still have room to stuff more crap in it, and its weight is distributed quite well. I dont know the brand off hand, but I got it at Big 5 sports for like 30 bucks on sale.

I would sell your Mule and buy something like that. You would probably have cash left over.

Thanks Pedro,

Yes, i've worn mine in the baja 1000, sf 250...no choking...the weight is distributed evenly front and back...in the front, it has two straps that connect from the belt to up around the chest area. Very comfortable, even fully loaded.

See you at the 500--Ron

I've been running a "Fanny Pack" for years.

I just love it! Mostly for my tools, Flash lite, tire pump, tie rape etc.

But the two small pouches on either side carries a small 1st aid kit plus a tire kit.

If I want to carry a camera and other stuff (lunch for them all day rides. I still need a small pack that has been modified to hold my camel pack.

This guy has lots of differant kinds. Take a look !!!

Good Luck !!

Thanks Pedro,

Yes, i've worn mine in the baja 1000, sf 250...no choking...the weight is distributed evenly front and back...in the front, it has two straps that connect from the belt to up around the chest area. Very comfortable, even fully loaded.

See you at the 500--Ron

The Wolf Pak looks interesting and I even spoke with Kris yesterday about a custom color, but I'm a little concerned about fluid capacity. It's real easy for me to run through the (2) liters my Camelbak holds -- and it looks as though the Wolf Pak only holds (1) liter. How 'bout the side pockets? How big of a bottle can they hold?

EDIT: Found out last night the bladder holds 64 oz., just shy of my Camelbak so I ordered one. Should be here in time for my trip to Plaster City next weekend...

Thanks,

Riding with a fanny pak is ok, but please for the love of everything that is good and decent in this world, take it off after your done riding. Not trying to be the fashion police here, but it looks totally brokeback when dudes are walking around with those things on.

However, I fully endorse the "murse."