Broken Top Bar Clamp

G'day, The weekend just been i had a tree attempt to correct my steering while travelling up a hill relatively fast.

The bike hit the ground but the dirt was extremely soft, my steering was offline quite a bit so i returned to the car to correct it.

When i removed the bar pad i found that the top rectangle shaped clamp had broken in 3 places.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Seeya guys!

Andy.

same here, broke mine twice in six months. :thumbsup:

Yip Mine broke too I think they are made of plastic lol pathetic

Mine broke when I went over the bars too.

Lol geez, doesn't seem like they can withstand a firm knock, having said that i have ordered another stock one. After market clamp is gonna take a few weeks to come in and i need to ride this weekend so for only AUD$27 i just ordered the stock one for now, will get something a little more durable later.

Wow blue haze that is cheaper than i expected for sure.

Broke mine also. Went with the Tag top clamp w/bar mounts.

In all reality I suppose I would rather have that break than the bar mounts or the bars themselves... a new one from zook was only $16 US :thumbsup:

Yeah they aren't that expensive, i suppose if it's something that happens quite often look for something after market but i can't see this as something that is going to happen all the time.

Although.... i am going to the track this weekend, and even sometimes i can surprise myself haha :thumbsup:

Broke mine today in a nasty crash. Also the bolt that goes through the bottom bar clamp, yes the real thick one, was bent badly from the crash. Dont ask how it happened, but all i know is it didnt feel good.

I replaced the assembly with a renthal clamp set-without a discount I think its 80 bucks. The clamps look cool but too bad they are covered with a bar pad.

Yeah mine broke to, took a tumble over a table top, now siiting with a busted collar bone, no riding for 3 months, sux.

I did not think I would be able to buy a replacement here in SA, thought I'd have to buy a new bar and everything. I was going to just cut off the X joining the top clamp, basically seperating it in 2.

But man that Renthal fat bar is strong, I have now had 3 hard falls on the clutch lever side and the bar is still hundreds, just keep replacing the main holding bolts.

Yeah my bars slammed hard too and absolutely no bend. Im amazed. Im not gonna get an aftermarket clamp though because i figure i would rather break $18 clamps than $60-$70 bars.

Broke mine 3rd time out. Bike got away from me in a corner, hit the ground stood the bike up and noticed something wasn't right. Rental fat bars was bent! :ride: Next day bought a protaper bar, installed and noticed something still wasn't right, removed and bar clamp and noticed a crack and bend. Decided to just change the top triple clamp.

First ride after installing the new bar and triple clamp I crashed coming off of a jump doing about 35mph. Stood my bike up looked at the bars and TC, and was surprised to see that everything was in solid shape.

The stock bar clamp is, sorry to say, crap! And the Renthal Fat bars, sorry, but ain't any better. :banana:

Broke mine 3rd time out. Bike got away from me in a corner, hit the ground stood the bike up and noticed something wasn't right. Rental fat bars was bent! :ride: Next day bought a protaper bar, installed and noticed something still wasn't right, removed and bar clamp and noticed a crack and bend. Decided to just change the top triple clamp.

First ride after installing the new bar and triple clamp I crashed coming off of a jump doing about 35mph. Stood my bike up looked at the bars and TC, and was surprised to see that everything was in solid shape.

The stock bar clamp is, sorry to say, crap! And the Renthal Fat bars, sorry, but ain't any better. :banana:

nice clamp mine is cracked too

I wrecked really hard. It was one of those wrecks where you jump up on top of the hill and as youre bouncing down your bike gets a little sideways, so when you land the bike snaps to one side, hard. But my renthal bars didnt bend a bit. I personally like pro taper too but these bars have been strong so far.