250F go after 450F

Besides buying a 450F how can i get a 250F to compete against 450's i race motocross with in Sen B class.

I realy like suspention i had done by pro action and bike is light for me.

I am back on the big bore kit route or should i suck it up and get a 450.

I realy do not want one that is why i ask for help.

Thanks from Greg

I wouldnt bore it out that far. Keep the bore to id say 262. Less stress on the crank etc. Less stress on everything. 262 cammed ported piped and jetted. Run a hotter ignition as well. Vortex plus icat and that would be a dream motor. Run with the pros just about Id say.

You will have to open up the engine internally for sure.

At the least:

hicompression piston (stock or overbore)

Cams

Pipe

Gearing

Remember the more technical the track and longer the race, the better you will be on the 250F. You may not get them down the long straights, but you should be able to pick off 450s in the corners with ease. That is what I do. Even at washougal

You will have to open up the engine internally for sure.

At the least:

hicompression piston (stock or overbore)

Cams

Pipe

Gearing

Remember the more technical the track and longer the race, the better you will be on the 250F. You may not get them down the long straights, but you should be able to pick off 450s in the corners with ease. That is what I do. Even at washougal

I'm with Matt. Stay on the light and more agile bike if you cannot go 100% on a 450 for longer than 15 minutes. If you're a novice to intermediate, that will give you an extra 10 minutes to pick off the tired riders. In my class, only about the best 2 riders can ride the four five oh's at full tilt longer than 20 minutes. Even they will fade before the end of the race. The 250 is just easier to keep the same pace for the full 30 + 1 lap. C

As far as the tighter tracks, bring on the 450's. In my opinion, 250 beats the 450 the majority of times unless your driving 65' jumps out of a corner. I will post a ride-report after my install of the Athena 290 kit at the end of the month, for what it's worth. Happy mudding

Besides buying a 450F how can i get a 250F to compete against 450's i race motocross with in Sen B class.

I realy like suspention i had done by pro action and bike is light for me.

I am back on the big bore kit route or should i suck it up and get a 450.

I realy do not want one that is why i ask for help.

Thanks from Greg

The best way to beat any rider. MX Racing School

Oh and keep the 250F!

Skills-wise, work on your passing skills... in the corners.

Even with a big-bore, you won't take them in the straights. They have too much torque and will always pull away from you.

You've got the weight and agility to wipe them out in the tight stuff, so work on keeping your speed up in the corners and get used to passing and being passed by the same guy more than once.

just remember that you will be a better rider on the 250f. YOu really get lazy on the 450s cause any lack of skill can be overcome with the ample amount of throttle! Especially out of corners and braking.

I have been on the 250F for a full season after coming off the 426 the first season back riding. Now I have a 250F and 450F. And honestly I feel like I can ride the 450 faster and better without tiring like what it was 2 years ago. I can really tell my skills have improved and it shows by the control and speed I have on the 450 when I ride it. But this is after 2 season on the 250f!