Sign in to follow this  

too rich!

I have never owned a 2 stroke and my daughter talked me into buying her a '02 cr 80. It has smoked more than I expected since I bought it and on her first ride she over-reved and seized the connecting rod onto the crank shaft - bummer!! Now, the motor has been repaired and it still smokes and spits spooge out of every orifice it can. Since I haven't broken in the motor yet I haven't gotten much above idle but it seems to run rich down low. I went from a #50 pilot to a #48 and now a #45, I checked the , reeds, float level and replaced the float valve and the plug still comes out wet (and don't forget the excess spooge). Any suggestions for the weak hearted (I love my thumpers!!!). Thanks in advance.

I'm no two smoke expert, but could it be a bad crank case seal?

I'm no two smoke expert, but could it be a bad crank case seal?

I was wondering the same thing.

I just had the motor repaired and they had to split the case to put a new connecting rod onto the crank, new seal - still smoking. I guess just because it's new doesn't always mean it's good or correctly installed. They did replace the piston and rings and stated the cylinder was in good shape. I am running 91 octane pump gas and mixing 32:1