Chad Reeds injury was WAY!! OVERRATED!!

Hey Coop

Hit me at nysurfsf@gmail.com

I need some 10mm risers for my '06 450 (YZF)

Reedy brings it. What's wrong with third?

Reed would be argued as one of the best if it wasn't for RC and JBS. Not that I am a Reed fan but the facts are the facts.

He would had '03, '04, '05 indoors.

And '03, '04 out doors. Plus a tiddler inside.....6 titles. Not to shabby. (as if all his seconds make him a shitty rider.)

He's a shitty interview, a complainer excuse make maybe, but a phenomenal MX/SX rider. Top 10 of all time no matter how arbitrary the top 10 is......you gotta put him there.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The daily Chad Reed knocking forum. You guys should start your own colum and call it "The Daily Chad". Some of you guys could be publishers and everything. It's funny you guys will knock a guy for riding hurt because you dont know the EXACT severity of the injury but you wont talk bad about BUBBA's uncontrollable riding. The guy lands on Carmichaels back last year, takes out MC, and consistantly cant stay on the bike.

Well, obviously the original poster has never had a dislocation nor a grade 3 separation which they now say it is which will require surgery.

Many things can go WRONG even from a simply dislocation which pops right back with there being tendons stretched and/or torn which WILL NOT return to normal 'tightness' WITHOUT surgery.

I know as I have this separation and need surgery and shoulder pops out all the time and when you hit a bump it hurts like hell and you think your shoulder is going out your back and then if you try and pull on the bars you just hope that after you pull your shoulder is still attached to your body!

It's very painful and very limiting.

here is the official article from crs website

3/13/2006

Chad Reed Overcomes Injury to Finish Second in Daytona

After crashing while home practicing on his private track on Thursday, Reed suffered a separated shoulder that made Friday’s race questionable at best. However thanks to the talented work of Dr. Augustine, the Asterisk mobile medical center and his trainer, Jeff Spencer, Reed was able to overcome the potentially race stopping injury and carry on to a strong second place finish. The perseverance extended Reed’s record of 53 out of 58 podiums made.

“I was pretty bummed coming into Friday night’s race as my shoulder really hurt. However, thanks to Jeff and Steve [Augustine] I felt good enough to get out there and race” commented a relieved Reed after the race. Reed’s gutsy performance was the talk of the track on Friday, with no one believing that he was able to ride so well despite being in so much pain. The performance was a true testament to Reed’s resolve and skill and exemplifies the never give up attitude he has exhibited his whole career. Look for Chad to try and ride through the pain this weekend at Orlando

i agree with the title of this thread.......if it was really that bad of an injury he wouldnt have been racing .........plus you could see right through his acting....if im wrong which is possible.... the whole thing just seemed to hyped up.... seemd like his excuse to run 3rd every weekend

I don't see how so many people doubt his injury when he was riding way below his level at Orlando and missed practices at Orlando and Daytona. If it were just an excuse, they would have said, "he soldiered on through practice despite having a seperated shoulder." Not running practice when they already have very little practice time would be really stupid if it was just a ploy.

On TV I heard them say he had a Grade III A/C separation. As luck would have it I am the proud owner of the same injury. I don't know that cortisone would have made it so I could have ridden a motorcycle so soon after the injury. I have had plenty of cortisone shots and, while helpful, they are not an instant panacea.

dislocated mine in november and still giving me problems. i still cant even do a pushup........keep in mind that pro athletes have the best medical/ rehab out there....not much of a reed fan seems that he has no heart as with much of mx/sx riders these days

I think he completely did it for publicity. Did you guys see the article in TWMX where they asked anonomous mechanics questions? One question was: Who would you least want to work with? #1 Answer: Chad Reed. It said working with Chad Reed just doesnt sound like a pleasant experience. Question #2: Who gives their mechanic the least amount of bonuses? #1 Answer: Chad Reed!!!!!!

I think CR is a whiner and has the worst attitude on the racing circuit!

I think he completely did it for publicity. Did you guys see the article in TWMX where they asked anonomous mechanics questions? One question was: Who would you least want to work with? #1 Answer: Chad Reed. It said working with Chad Reed just doesnt sound like a pleasant experience. Question #2: Who gives their mechanic the least amount of bonuses? #1 Answer: Chad Reed!!!!!!

I think CR is a whiner and has the worst attitude on the racing circuit!

How does this make him a whiner? Because you said so :bonk: . Include some examples :confused: . Do you ride with injuries or do you sit on the couch and do some couch racing ? ? You shouldn't always believe what you read. I have seen some articles in mags that state Bush is doing a great job for our country. ? I guess you can believe what you want to!!!

You shouldn't always believe what you read.
Have YOU read the article in TWMX? I thought not. It's called MX Mechanic Confidential: Truth, Speculation, and Opinions From the Inner Circle Excerpt: "Assured that their answers would be confidential, nearly 50 professionial mechanics took part in our inaugural MX Mechanic Survey". That's nearly 50 or an overwhelming majority. So what you're saying, Mr "RideRedForLife" (although with the crack about Bush you should change that to RideHilliaryForLife) is that mechanics aren't entitled to opinions and the right to express them? What's up with that?

Bottom line, Chad's a whiner. Normally the rider's try to hide any injuries so as to not give the other riders a mental edge, not broadcast them.

Back to the survey; the only thing every mechanic agreed on was who was the "most physically fit rider on the tour" (or hardest working) Every single one said "Ricky Carmichael". You remember him; he's the one Honda said was washed up, not worth a two year contract. Yeah, we see how that worked out. ?

Hmm lets see........ If most mechanics, yes the real people who actually work on the riders bikes, say working with CR would be the worst, then you know what, he probably is!!!!!!! And oh god another liberal.......... thats all we need.

First off you only want to stroke Ricky because Suzuki finally after how many years has something to cheer about. Then Ricky gets popped for cheating. The AMA felt this guy is our hero. Lets give him back his points. Do you guys sleep with women or your stuffed Ricky doll? ?

there is a difference between a seperated shoulder and a "Dislocated" shoulder.

Chads was only separated...

He had no problem hanging on to the bike out there, I say it was BS, or a reason for him to not race the nationals...

It was very fishy, and many people at the race didn't buy it. As I recall, even Denny said something to the effect of "There has been some speculation as to how serious the injury really is, but one thing is cirtin, he is hanging on to the bike jus fine".

I guess the announcers don't know who Ryan Huges is? He raced with a broken leg once. There are plenty of people i this sport that have raced with worse injury. To me I think Chads "peeps" made a mistake in telling people about he injury...They were jus trying to get "pitty points".