Sign in to follow this  

Chad Reeds injury was WAY!! OVERRATED!!

I don't know about the rest of you out there but I was appauled at the way Chad Reed's injury was handled. I am not sure who is at fault. Either Chad Reeds publicists gave the media wrong information or the media just overreacted. I mean the way everyone was talking I was amazed to see Chad Reed on a bike at all. They were saying his season was over etc... Then we rode he won the semi and took second in the main. I am sure Chad was hurt and had some discomfort but to constantly remind us over and over and over again how amazing CR's performance was just about made me sick. It was blown way out of proportion and Chad Reed certainly played the injury card to a 'T'. He set himself up to look like a hero no matter how he performed. If he had a bad race it was because of his injury, if he had a good race it would be a miracle.

Sorry Reed, I don't buy it. Yes I am sure you were hurt but you still looked pretty good to me.

He's a racer. He does what racers do--toughs it out long after the rest of us would have went crying home to mama.

Don't try to relate, or even speculate, Chad's desire and willingness ( not to mention obligation ) to endure adversity and pain because you ( we ) can't.

can we please have another al bundy rant about how u blew your shoulder out back in the day blah, blah, blah....and so now your an expert on what its like to race a pro sx w/ a shoulder injury. i'm no reed fan by any stretch but u girls and your war stories r too much. save your tales 4 the grandkids :thumbsup:

He's a racer. He does what racers do--toughs it out long after the rest of us would have went crying home to mama.

Don't try to relate, or even speculate, Chad's desire and willingness ( not to mention obligation ) to endure adversity and pain because you ( we ) can't.

:thumbsup:

All you nay-sayers sound like jealous little girls. Reed is STUD! Period.

MAN!!!!!!!!!! I can't beleive the R.C. for president homos on this forum.Why don't you guys go tell your lies to your friends. If you have any! Chad Reed is a great racer! He is CONSISTANT! You know like Mcgrath was back in the day before R.C. came by hanging off the back of his bike for dear life just to win.Every time Ricky or Bubba race they almost end there career.I DON'T CARE if you don't like Chad but that's no reason to talk about something you have no clue about. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can we please have another al bundy rant about how u blew your shoulder out back in the day blah, blah, blah....and so now your an expert on what its like to race a pro sx w/ a shoulder injury. i'm no reed fan by any stretch but u girls and your war stories r too much. save your tales 4 the grandkids :thumbsup:

Holy crap. Now that was funny!! Thanks :thumbsup:

MAN!!!!!!!!!! I can't beleive the R.C. for president homos on this forum.Why don't you guys go tell your lies to your friends. If you have any! Chad Reed is a great racer! He is CONSISTANT! You know like Mcgrath was back in the day before R.C. came by hanging off the back of his bike for dear life just to win.Every time Ricky or Bubba race they almost end there career.I DON'T CARE if you don't like Chad but that's no reason to talk about something you have no clue about. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk::confused::confused::cry:

AMEN!You guys need to practice your "Yes Mr. Carmichael"s before the nationals start.Don't forget to practice your "I can't believe they tried to take away 25 points from you,you're Ricky Carmichael,who the hell do they think they are!" :bonk::bonk:

I agree, he knows he cant run with RC and JS. He was looking for a honorable way to lose the championship.

I believe Chad Reed said he had a separated shoulder. I have separated both of my shoulders (Grade 3, Ligament completely tore from the shoulder away from the collar bone) and it is extremely painful. If Chad had a grade 1 separation (this is a partial tear of the ligament), I could see him riding with a few gear modifications. If Chad had a completely separated shoulder and rode, he is an animal. Hell I had to ace bandage my arm close to my body for 3 days just to go to work. It still took about 6 weeks to heal.

I don't know about the rest of you out there but I was appauled at the way Chad Reed's injury was handled. I am not sure who is at fault. Either Chad Reeds publicists gave the media wrong information or the media just overreacted. I mean the way everyone was talking I was amazed to see Chad Reed on a bike at all. They were saying his season was over etc... Then we rode he won the semi and took second in the main. I am sure Chad was hurt and had some discomfort but to constantly remind us over and over and over again how amazing CR's performance was just about made me sick. It was blown way out of proportion and Chad Reed certainly played the injury card to a 'T'. He set himself up to look like a hero no matter how he performed. If he had a bad race it was because of his injury, if he had a good race it would be a miracle.

Sorry Reed, I don't buy it. Yes I am sure you were hurt but you still looked pretty good to me.

Milking it, hmmmm.......word is he will not race Orlando this weekend. Seriously, why do so many of the www. world think they "know" so much?

For the experts on here that just started riding and watching SX/MX on the Tele'. Back in '02 at Southwick in the 125's first moto, Reed dislocated his shoulder when his front wheel stuck in a hole coming into a corner, on camera, he then drifted off the track and dropped his bike. You could clearly see his arm/shoulder was seriously whack. Second moto he comes out and gets a 3rd.....

Milking it? Some of you guys are not too bright.

Hell I had to ace bandage my arm close to my body for 3 days just to go to work. It still took about 6 weeks to heal.

Reed did the same thing. He wrapped it up, took a shot, and went to work just like you. :thumbsup: It's just that his "work" is beyond our capabilities ( except for some of the pros/critics here).

I believe Chad Reed said he had a separated shoulder. I have separated both of my shoulders (Grade 3, Ligament completely tore from the shoulder away from the collar bone) and it is extremely painful. If Chad had a grade 1 separation (this is a partial tear of the ligament), I could see him riding with a few gear modifications. If Chad had a completely separated shoulder and rode, he is an animal. Hell I had to ace bandage my arm close to my body for 3 days just to go to work. It still took about 6 weeks to heal.

This post is not dogging you bud!

BUT:

I had a grade 1 separation in highschoool myself.It did hurt like hell.But what I will not do (unlike some war heros on this forum) is compare my injury to what Chad had at Daytona. I am and was never in as good of shape as he is,and I don't know (or does anyone on this forum) the extent of his injury. I guess if I thought Ricky was GOD and I hated Chad I would tell everyone that it was an overrated injury like some of the 3rd graders on this forum.

GET MY POINT??????

Milking it, hmmmm.......word is he will not race Orlando this weekend. Seriously, why do so many of the www. world think they "know" so much?

For the experts on here that just started riding and watching SX/MX on the Tele'. Back in '02 at Southwick in the 125's first moto, Reed dislocated his shoulder when his front wheel stuck in a hole coming into a corner, on camera, he then drifted off the track and dropped his bike. You could clearly see his arm/shoulder was seriously whack. Second moto he comes out and gets a 3rd.....

Milking it? Some of you guys are not too bright.

yes i was there for that southwick race and he was in serious pain in the 1st moto but he ripped in the 2nd, i dont care what anybody says that guy is tough! as far as him faking it whats the point it aint gonna get him points! way to many conspiracy theorists on this board :thumbsup:

I agree, he knows he cant run with RC and JS. He was looking for a honorable way to lose the championship.

RC maybe but Stewart wads himself on a regular basis i dont think anyone is worried about him now, as far as honorable way to lose a championship i doubt it, but i know a dishonorable way to win it is buy purchasing it for the sum of $20000.00. he is the first one to admit weekly he needs to find more speed i highly doubt he needs a reason to not win!

Does anyone else think this year would make a good soap opera? This SX is becoming more and more like wrestling. There is some kind of story every week. Getting a little ridiculous to me. Mark my word, JS will somehow catapult his way back into the points battle. In the mean time, I just want to see HotSauce and Reed mix it up some more. Best racing I've seen since MC and RC back in the day. GO #9.

Crack Cocaine, it does a body good...

RC maybe but Stewart wads himself on a regular basis i dont think anyone is worried about him now, as far as honorable way to lose a championship i doubt it, but i know a dishonorable way to win it is buy purchasing it for the sum of $20000.00. he is the first one to admit weekly he needs to find more speed i highly doubt he needs a reason to not win!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yah, I'm with you guys on this one . I do not believe Reed was milking that one. I've had multiple separations and dislocation of my shoulders and know what Reed did is not out of the realm of possibility, However, I have to believe Reed recieved a little more then just a cortisone injection.

Funny new show on ESPN called "Joes vs. Pros". Some folks on this board should really check this show out to gain some perspective on just how ridiculous some of thier comments about Reed (or RC or JS for that matter) are. (Did that guy REALLY believe he was going to stop Jerry Rice???)