Sign in to follow this  

Chad Reeds injury was WAY!! OVERRATED!!

I wish everyone would quit whining about CR's injury hes 1 of the 3 fastest riders in the word and he has to fake a injury the guy is there every weekend and consistent on the podium the guy is smooth unlike stewart and RC is smooth and consistant but dont trash talk CR because he that dam good :thumbsup:

He was loaded out of his mind. Eyes all glassy, talking slow and he didnt even sound that irritating. Something had to be up.

Had Tedesko started up front he would have chased Reed down like wounded prey.

Yea. like tedesko has done that before? :thumbsup:

I wish everyone would quit whining about CR's injury hes 1 of the 3 fastest riders in the word and he has to fake a injury the guy is there every weekend and consistent on the podium the guy is smooth unlike stewart and RC is smooth and consistant but dont trash talk CR because he that dam good :thumbsup:

I think there are faster guys in the world than Reed.

Without examining CR's shoulder it's imposible to comment on the extent of the injury. IF it was a 1st degree separation, or a partial separation of the AC (acromioclavicular) joint, they are quite easily managed. I have injected many for local athletes and with special taping for support of the clavicle one can function fairly well and with little pain. In the long run these are nagging injuries that heal very slowly and have multiple relapses. Although complete healing is the most likely. 2nd degree separation is a complete tear of the AC joint is often more painful initially, but usually has less pain later. We had a hockey player that had a 2nd degree separation and played every weekend with just taping alone. Its common for a 2nd degree separation to just form a loose fibrous joint that often causes no pain at all, although many develope severe AC arthritis. Both 1st and 2nd degree separations can be fixed if causing severe pain or resulting arthritis, by cutting off the end of the clavicle and forming the fibrous joint. Fusion for these is rarely done now. A 3rd degree separation is the most severe, painful, and hardest to fix. This is a complete separation of the AC joint and the coracoclavicular ligaments. Surgery is often offered and still involves cutting off the distal clavicle.

see this site for info and pics

http://www.steadman-hawkins.com/shoulder_acSeperation/overview.asp

Anyway, Chad's injury although painful and nagging, was still overplayed by the media. The shot involves local anesthetic, like Marcaine which is longer acting than lidocaine and can last ~4-6 hours. It also has a steroid medicine like Kenalog or cortisone, for decreasing inflammation and pain 2-3 days later lasting months if lucky. With the shot and taping in a well trained athlete, they usually function quite normally. I do give him kudos for thanking the astrix team. I'm sure it hurt like heck, but this is nothing new in the world of sports and nowhere as threatening as the media played it. I doubt it was Chad's idea.

Sorry this post is long and full of crap most of you will care less about.

from what I heard, his shoulder was separated which to my understanding is much worse than a dislocation (medical pros correct me here)

I have a pretty close friend of mine who raced pro SX. . . He separated his shoulder about a week before the Atl SX in 2001 I believe, this same guy finished 7th in the 125, YES I said 125cc class in 2000?? maybe 99. . . anyway, after he separated his shoulder, he had 7 cortizone shots, and said he could barely make it 2 laps. He is NO stranger to pain, their tolerance is beyond what most would think.

The tracks 7 years ago were also a lot different than now. ESPECIALLY when talking about the Daytona track.

If you've never ridden at that level, or on a track like that, maybe you should consider all of the factors, recollect your thoughts and consider if you're not asking a bit much outta the guy. What he did was an accomplishment. Most people can't match his pace when he's feeling fine. . . to have a separated shoulder and still finish as well as he did was amazing.

Without examining CR's shoulder it's imposible to comment on the extent of the injury. IF it was a 1st degree separation, or a partial separation of the AC (acromioclavicular) joint, they are quite easily managed. I have injected many for local athletes and with special taping for support of the clavicle one can function fairly well and with little pain. In the long run these are nagging injuries that heal very slowly and have multiple relapses. Although complete healing is the most likely. 2nd degree separation is a complete tear of the AC joint is often more painful initially, but usually has less pain later. We had a hockey player that had a 2nd degree separation and played every weekend with just taping alone. Its common for a 2nd degree separation to just form a loose fibrous joint that often causes no pain at all, although many develope severe AC arthritis. Both 1st and 2nd degree separations can be fixed if causing severe pain or resulting arthritis, by cutting off the end of the clavicle and forming the fibrous joint. Fusion for these is rarely done now. A 3rd degree separation is the most severe, painful, and hardest to fix. This is a complete separation of the AC joint and the coracoclavicular ligaments. Surgery is often offered and still involves cutting off the distal clavicle.

see this site for info and pics

http://www.steadman-hawkins.com/shoulder_acSeperation/overview.asp

Anyway, Chad's injury although painful and nagging, was still overplayed by the media. The shot involves local anesthetic, like Marcaine which is longer acting than lidocaine and can last ~4-6 hours. It also has a steroid medicine like Kenalog or cortisone, for decreasing inflammation and pain 2-3 days later lasting months if lucky. With the shot and taping in a well trained athlete, they usually function quite normally. I do give him kudos for thanking the astrix team. I'm sure it hurt like heck, but this is nothing new in the world of sports and nowhere as threatening as the media played it. I doubt it was Chad's idea.

Sorry this post is long and full of crap most of you will care less about.

Good info :thumbsup:

chad reed is the biggest &%$#@! I have ever met, he don't like ppl at all, you don't ever c him talking with fans or even giving them a look..

Have you ever separated a shoulder?

I have, 3rd degree.It really really hurts.You don't ride for a month unless you numb it out,like the football players do.And thats what Chad had done,"a shot" I think he called it. :thumbsup:

so chad reed is a sook, big deal, get over it.

or u wanna be';s can allways make another chad reed thread!

Chad had the points lead for a brief moment in time only cause RC's rear shock broke and he DNF'd, missing out on a possible 25 points.

Do you think CR could come back after a DNF...no f-in way!!!

I love it when these CR fans say RC isn't consistent. Last time I checked, he's won 4 SX titles and working on #5. He absolutely owns the MX track. PERFECT SEASON=CONSISTENT. Yeah, I get tired of seeing him win so much too, but who's out there that is going to consistently beat him. RC has, in a sense, spotted Reed 25 pts at St Louis, and still is ahead of him in points. I say RC is consistent, consistently better than, that is. G-O-A-T.

All this being said, Reed is a great rider. I would love to have his talent any day. But there are a few things that I have not like from the word go. When he came over to the US, he said something to the effect that he was going to dominate the US riders. Strike 1 for being so cocky, ala Mike Alessi. Second, he called out Tedesco on the podium of all places, calling him a chump. What a good way to motivate your competition into a duel. (Anyone see the St Louis heat race). And strike three would be the fact my wife and daughter think he is cute and have hung CR posters all over my shop. So now I have 2 favorite riders, RC and anyone who can beat CR.

What do you have against Chad anyway? what has he done to you, to be so bitter towards him?

I am not at all bitter towards Chad, in fact I like Chad. I just think his injury was way over played by him and the media. I got so sick of hearing about his shoulder. I would like to see him win a race this year but I doubt that will happen

Chuck

LOL!!! Thats too funny! The third strike also is the K.O. punch for CR! Thats almost wrong!!

You are right about consistancy. The championship is an average of the years accumulated finishes. I am not sure what some of these posters are saying by showing CR as a 'smart rider'?? Does this mean RC is not as smart of a racer? Yet he is in first? OK, enough about that nonsence. And, like you said, like him or not, RC is the man right now.

I am not sure what some of these posters are saying by showing CR as a 'smart rider'?? Does this mean RC is not as smart of a racer? Yet he is in first? OK, enough about that nonsence. And, like you said, like him or not, RC is the man right now.
What I meant is that CR has managed not to get into the media-fed battle between RC and JS. RC has several times let that rivalry get in the way of his racing, and it's obvious JS has reacted to it, as well, as evidenced by his repeated riding over his head. I think alot of his 1st turn mishaps are because as soon as he sees RC getting to the corner ahead of him he panics and rides sloppy. Meanwhile, CR has sat back away from those 2 and just gone out and done what he needed to do, finish and podium. He hasn't finished less than 5th and only once off the podium with zero DNFs. That's consistency and smart racing. Neither JS or RC can claim the same at this point, for whatever reason. If CR does win the title it may come down to that one DNF by RC that makes the difference.

Come on Super Rat. Don't continue to be one of those guy's that thinks he may be faster so his opinions is the right one.