crf 150 bogs and sometimes wont start

my friend has a 04 crf 150 and it bogs some of the time and he got taken out in a turn and his bike wouldnt start. so i was wonderin if you guys knew what was wrong with it?

The exact same thing happened to my cousin. He also has an 04 crf150. His bike was kinda sluggish on the trails, I think it was probably his air filter. He had a very hard time starting it everytime we would go somewhere and we ended up taking his spark plug out and cleaning it every time. The problem was he was flooding it and he wouldn't listen to me when i said to not give it any gas when he was starting it up. ? If your friend wiped it out and it was on its side for a few mins then it would be flooded (to much gas in carb) and it would be VERY hard to start. Your best bet would be to take the plug out and if its wet then you know its flooded, then crank it over a few times to get the gas fumes out. ?

Today, we had the "bogging" problem. Cleaned the air filter and it still bogged and stalled when you started moving. It would idle fine and start up fine, you just couldn't move it. I removed the carb and on the bottom of the bowl, remove that cap that covered the jets and there was a some dirt in there that would suck up on the jet, block the fuel and cause it to stall. I removed the crap and it ran fine the rest of the day.

Worth a shot to have a look at that. Just remember to turn off the gas before you remove the cap.