Sign in to follow this  

a dirt worthy street bike

i've been watching a lot of posts and every body is talking about making there bike street legal. the japs are so near sighted that they can't see what we want so the italians [not the sharpest tools in the shed ether] build a street legal dirt bike WOW AMAZING who would have thought about it., it's almost as if somebody is PAYING ATTENTION, any how i believe in the next year or two this will be the biggest market growth, ktm is watching so is the big four it should be good for us if we can get off road worthy bikes : ride: disclaimer: may be the itals are pretty smart

The new issue of Dirtbike reports that all KTM EXCs will be street legal in 2007. This DOES seem to be the trend. Hopefully the big 4 will catch on. However, it's really no big deal if you live in a dual-sport friendly state like Ohio. Buy a 450x, buy the Trick Dual Sport kit, spend 2 hours on the install, and you'll have the street legal dirt bike of your dreams. I know, I did it.

ha ha you guys are funny ok breath, in exhale, i'm not a racist ether, i love jap ,ital, chinese, and all other kinds of foods and last i checked dem dare italain womans were preety well... preety :thumbsup:

Oh come on guys. If I can't laugh at myself, I am really in trouble. :bonk: BTW My ancestors were English, German, Scotch, Irish, Choctaw, ... and I am married to a wonderful hispanic woman. God is good! :confused: Let's just be people and have a good time. If something is built in America then it's value or lack thereof is attributed to us (no pun intended). If something is built in Japn then it's value or lack thereof is attributed to the Japanese. Further, no particular race has cornered the market on stupid yet. The big difference is how gracefully we handle our own stupidity and how we extend that grace to others. :thumbsup:

I have a DRZ400E that I converted to street legal and it has been very enjoyable. I am currently converting my new CRF450X to street legal. I am very much looking forward to riding it pretty much wherever I want. That will be a great day. We have been trying to get the message through to all the motorcycle MFG's for many years that putting dirt tires on a street bike doesn't work. Hopefully, they are finally getting the message that they need to go from motocross/enduro bike to street bike instead. Without compromise! :thumbsup:

AMEN if we can't laugh at ourselves and those around us maybe we should just live in a box although i don't have any jap freinds i have plenty of italian buds and of course me being mainly irish and german i think i'm smarter than i am!

being able to "laugh at yourself and others around you" is one thing.

however, the line is crossed when you use the word "jap."

...so the question is, are you capable of having the same ability to "laugh at yourself and others around you" without using the racial ephithet "jap."

being able to "laugh at yourself and others around you" is one thing.

however, the line is crossed when you use the word "jap."

...so the question is, are you capable of having the same ability to "laugh at yourself and others around you" without using the racial ephithet "jap."

If you had been around in the 40's, you probably would have been run out of the country.

If you had been around in the 40's, you probably would have been run out of the country.

I have two grandfathers who fought the "japs" in world war II, both in the Pacific, both in the Navy.

One of them came home, after fighting the "japs" and opened a body shop and eventually became a motorcycle dealer selling none other than "jap" bikes.

My father has been employed by the same "jap" company for almost 30 years without ever having a single threat of a layoff (the same can't be said for most american companies, especially those in the rust belt).

Neither of my grandfathers used the word after the war ended and I've never heard them nor my father use the word in my lifetime.

So, needless to say, the war is long over and nobody (especially on a board dedicated for the most part to, hark, "jap" bikes) has to worry about being "run out of the country" ...as you so ignorantly put it.

I'm not too concerned. How about showing a little respect, afterall you are riding their bike.

I have two grandfathers who fought the "japs" in world war II, both in the Pacific, both in the Navy.

One of them came home, after fighting the "japs" and opened a body shop and eventually became a motorcycle dealer selling none other than "jap" bikes.

My father has been employed by the same "jap" company for almost 30 years without ever having a single threat of a layoff (the same can't be said for most american companies, especially those in the rust belt).

Neither of my grandfathers used the word after the war ended and I've never heard them nor my father use the word in my lifetime.

So, needless to say, the war is long over and nobody (especially on a board dedicated for the most part to, hark, "jap" bikes) has to worry about being "run out of the country" ...as you so ignorantly put it.

I'm not too concerned. How about showing a little respect, afterall you are riding their bike.

Chicken,

Just as you grandfathers fought the Japs, so did my Daddy. I said in the 40's you would have been run out.....not today. Today, everyone is like you....to PC. As for ignorance, there is no need for you to display it, you are the one using the term jap.

"How about a little respect"? What is disrespectfull about shortening a name? (You are the one doing it.) From Japanesse to Jap, or Robert to Rob, William to Bill. You need to get over your extreme PC and not worry about it.

BTW, I am riding MY bike.

:thumbsup:

And if you were a black person in the 1840's, you'd be a slave. Times change.

Chicken,

Just as you grandfathers fought the Japs, so did my Daddy. I said in the 40's you would have been run out.....not today. Today, everyone is like you....to PC.

There is a difference between being "too pc" and avoiding using racial epithets. Ask a person from the Pacific Rim how they feel about being called a "jap." There isn't anything "PC" about it. It is a derogatory word that is in the same boat as other derogatory words applied to different ethnic groups.

As for ignorance, there is no need for you to display it, you are the one using the term jap.

Are you trying to be funny or do you not understand that I was using it in quotes to illustrate my point?

"How about a little respect"? What is disrespectfull about shortening a name? (You are the one doing it.) From Japanesse to Jap, or Robert to Rob, William to Bill.

There is nothing disrespectful about shortening a name unless the shortened version has a negative connotation that is categorically applied to a group of people. This is the line most people in society understand shouldn't be crossed. You and others on this board (and other boards) apparently do not. The irony is, of all groups of people, motorcyclists should understand or at least have the respect to stop using this word.

You need to get over your extreme PC and not worry about it.

Again, it's not "extreme PC" as you put it. I am very much a politically incorrect person. However, the word in question is in a category of words in which all people should not use, regardless of their feelings on political correctness.

ha ha you guys are funny ok breath, in exhale, i'm not a racist ether, i love jap ,ital, chinese, and all other kinds of foods

how does what kind of food you eat affect whether you're a racist or not?

luckily we have moved on since then havent we?

Chicken,

Today, everyone is like you....to PC.

Are you for real mate?

Too PC?

It's got nothing to do with PC whatsoever

For you to say that means your manners are in the toilet.

You dont think it's offensive to call a japanese person a Jap?

I presume you think it's OK for a foreign person to call a "fat american" if they are indeed fat?

Jap was a derogatory term used in the dark ages (ie the 40s)

You are fully aware of the connotation.