Sign in to follow this  

06 Crf250r Bog

Just Got My 06 And The Bike Has A Really Bad Bog. It Happens When Landing From A Rhythm Section Of Jumps. That Is The Only Time. Anybody Heard About This. Need Help Solving This Problem.

I just got an 06 as well and experiencing the pesky bog. Not sure if true, but I heard going with the Tokyo mod on the carb. is the only way to solve the bog. Is it true? Or can jetting and the quick boysen quick shot solve the bog?

I had Tokyo mods do my carb and for 189.00 they got rid of bog, but bike is hard to start now. it is still cold here so I still have not had a chance to play with the fuel screw or jetting yet.

It's not a bog due to jetting according to what he said. It sounds like a common problem that these bikes have. What happens is when you land hard or hit a g-out, the fuel can slosh up the sides of the fuel bowl and it will allow the float to drop suddenly letting a bunch of fuel into the carb causing it to overfill and clog up the vent lines. There have been suggestions of drilling and tapping the bottom of the float bowl and installing a bolt to make an adjustable stop to keep the float from dropping too much. I personally don't think it's necessary. Just make sure that you are on the gas when you land and it will overcome the bog. If you land off the gas and then try to grab throttle, the bog will happen. Land on the throttle and all your problems will be solved. :thumbsup:

I just got an 06 as well and experiencing the pesky bog. Not sure if true, but I heard going with the Tokyo mod on the carb. is the only way to solve the bog. Is it true? Or can jetting and the quick boysen quick shot solve the bog?

All you guys with off idle bogs need to check out this thread. By tomorrow there will be an extensive "How-to" article on how to not only get rid of the bog, but make it extremely responsive.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3133502#post3133502

When I rode my 06 CRF250 and suffered the bog I went to get a Boyesen quickshot. I was talked into a R&D P38 instead of a Boyesen (Still have not installed). Then I found out about Tokyo Mods. I do not mean to reroute this thread and I am sure it has been covered once or twice (maybe hundred). Has anyone used the P38 over the Boyesen or what is the best solution for the bog. I know You can get the tokyo Mod done to your carb like Sparrino or you can purchase a new rejeted 05 from Tokoyo Mods for $650.00 or ???

When I rode my 06 CRF250 and suffered the bog I went to get a Boyesen quickshot. I was talked into a R&D P38 instead of a Boyesen (Still have not installed). Then I found out about Tokyo Mods. I do not mean to reroute this thread and I am sure it has been covered once or twice (maybe hundred). Has anyone used the P38 over the Boyesen or what is the best solution for the bog. I know You can get the tokyo Mod done to your carb like Sparrino or you can purchase a new rejeted 05 from Tokoyo Mods for $650.00 or ???

Seriously, the tips in the thread above will cure the bog for only a few bucks. There's no need to send your carb out or buy another. I have not had any experience with the P38, but it does pretty much the same as the Boyesen (refills faster than the stock cover and holds a bit more fuel). The above tips will yield much better results than simply installing a new AP cover.

I put the dual Titanium FMF Power Core Silencers on and my bog completely disapeared. I was expecting to have to rejet the thing but I don't think I need to.

Can anyone explain to me why the new Silencers cleared up my bog issue? I'm baffled..yuck yuck

The latest Motocross Action recomends the Boyessen Quickshot for this problem. Have one but have not installed it yet.

With my experience with my modified 06 CRF250R, the Boyesen Quickshot adjustable leak jet cover was a waste of money. It did absolutely nothing.. I love Boyesen, but that was a waste. Just trying to save yall some money and time. Best bet is either the adjustment screw for the accelerator pump near the throttle cam and cables, or if you really hate money, the Tokyo carburetor mods I hear are good. The carburetor was bigger that year and gave up some throttle response and caused some bogging issues in some places, but for the most part, that bike is pretty crisp from factory.