Trouble starting when cold

I have a 06 CRF 450 and it takes about 10 kicks to get my bike started when its cold. I am not sure if this is a common problem or if my valves need to be adjusted. When the bike is warm, it starts in one or two kicks.

Does anybody else have this problem or do I need to get my valves checked?

Everybody has this problem man, its not really a problem just a fact! but anyway just put choke on twist throttle 3 to 4 full twists and it should help some. But you do need to check valves regular, although mine have not moved yet and I have about 50 hrs on it already. I hope this helps ya out Bro!! ?

define cold. at high altitude mine start fine cold on a 60+ degree day. Anything under 50 degree, it defintely harder to start and needs a little boost like he mention above with a few quick twist of throttle. I have a 2004 though.

Everybody has this problem man, its not really a problem just a fact!

nope not true!!! Mine starts first kick everytime. I can start it by hand when it's cold or hot. heres a video to prove it.

http://media.putfile.com/coldstart17

choke, twist wot 3 times, put it in gear, roll back till it stops, then one kick and boom you have ignition. (it was about 35 when i started the bike in the video)

nope not true!!! Mine starts first kick everytime. I can start it by hand when it's cold or hot. heres a video to prove it.

Yeah thats kinda what I meant(unless you use some tricks) But I will definitely have to try that one, It usually takes me at least 3 or 4 kicks using my method!! Cool vid Bro!! ?

Had the same exact symptoms at 2000 ft 40 degree temps. I'd kick about 20 times sometimes. I had always been told "never touch the throttle, ever!", but started twisting the throttle 3 or 4 full twists after reading a few threads on TT and it starts within 3 or 4 kicks every time now. That was a cool video, though, I'll try that!

http://media.putfile.com/coldstart17

choke, twist wot 3 times, put it in gear, roll back till it stops, then one kick and boom you have ignition. (it was about 35 when i started the bike in the video)

IT WORKS ! I love it ! ?