Should we avoid Moab during Jeep Safari Week?

Hi Guys... looks like the only week all of us can get away is the week that the Moab Jeep Safari is on.... are we nuts to try and ride there during the week with all the cages... has anyone been there during that time? How would White Rim be during Safari week? We are driving 22 hrs to get there.... is there an alternate location that we would like?

Thanks, appreciate any feedback.

... still chilly in Saskatchewan but we have ridden at -11C

The problem would likely be trying to get a hotel or camp site. I ride with a group that normally goes to Moab during that week in April every year but we've postponed it a week this year so we don't overlap with the Jeeps. Best to start calling hotels or campgrounds before making your final plans.

I would not go during Jeep safari. I sometimes have to do service work in Moab. I avoid working on anything during jeep safari. The event attracts thousands of people to a town that is meant for hundreds. How does a two hour wait at Burger King sound? Moa is an incredible place to ride in. There really is nothing like it in the world. Try to get there any other time of the year.

maybe stay in green river, less than 1 hr away. great riding there too. not as easy to find tho.

your main problem is going to be a place to stay. i camp remotely, and i ride a lot of trails that jeeps don't go on, so it wouldn't really bother me too much. if you want a hotel in moab that week, you're probably out of luck.

mw