Anyone polished 06 frame?

Well i gave it a light polishing. I just did it by hand to see how it would look. I used 000 steel wool i think (the bag that says metal polishing) and i used some aluminum pollish and it turned out really nice. Ill have to take some pics later. But, everytime i go riding i gotta redo it all cause the boots make it dirty and black.

Yup,i did the other day. I took before and after pics but for whatever reason my digicam wiped out the memory card. ?

I actually bought a Mothers powerball and their power metal polish but believe it or not,i got better results with steel wool and a tub of Mothers metal polish. It was hard to do with the powerball. Hard to keep enough polish on the thing...especially with the liquid polish. It worked ok with the tub of polish and the powerball,but mostly I used the steel wool and tub of polish and it turned out fantastic. Better than new actually. All i was aiming for is to make it look new again,and it did that and then some.....

In order to actually make it shine like a mirror you will need fine grit sandpaper to make it a smooth surface first.

For instance,polish the rear brake pedal with the polish and steel wool. In no time flat the thing looks like a mirror,because its smooth and polished fairly well to begin with.

I do think that polishing the frame of a motocross bike to a mirror finish is a bit much,but I did mine simply to keep the thing looking like something other than a total bag of ass. in this respect,it works very very well.

I will get pics as soon as I can. My bike is stored 25 miles away at my parents house.....the reason for the delay in getting pics.

Its nothing earth shattering,but it does look better than new and a HELL of a lot better than it did look....somewhat oxidized and what not.

That looks cool. I had a laugh when I read this. I just got home from ridding today and when I was done washing down my 06 250f. I shine my entire bike to keep it looking sharp. As I cleaned off my boot marks on my frame I notice a shine underneath it. My frame is starting to shine from my boots rubbing down. So underneath is some shinny stuff. F.Y.I

I dont think its from my bike shinner.

When you're boot rubs the frame, it's taking away the dullness from it. If you want it back just get a scott-brite pad (dont get the scratch proof one, get the original one) and use simple green and some elbow greese and it's look really nice after you're done.

The thing with polishing is you never know when to stop. Frame, swing arm, triple clamps, levers, kick-starter, shifter etc.. I think the polished look is nice, but a pain to keep it shiny.