Sign in to follow this  

2006 klr650 electrical problem

just bought it, it is a pain in my ass! When i went to pick it up it wouldn't start for the dealer, he finally got it running? it is getting fuel but i guess there was a clutch bypass problem so they fixed it? I rode it home and park it! now it wont start, i smell fuel but what else would cause this besides the obvious, spark,maybe a relay? thanks for your advice.

Do it at your own risk, but I would check (bypass) your clutch switch and your sidestand switch. These are notorious and will most likely go bad at an inopportune time.

If you just bought the bike, why would the dealer let you leave with a bike that wasn't running right?

dealer claimed that the problem was fixed, my question is what else would cause this? cdi? relay? Dealer said that he will pick it up but i want to know for the future. Another question should the bike turn over with the clutch out and in neutral?

Tough to call remotely. Think simple though. I had a problem just today with my KLX. Turned out to be a bad plug boot. Your dealer can't do it, but I would bypass both safety switches as a start. If it keeps happening, check back in.