Sign in to follow this  

16 tooth sprocket questions

Will the cover still fit over the 16 tooth sprocket? Also, can it (16 tooth sprocket) be installed without adding any links to the chain? Thanks.

yes and yes.

I did it last week. Jesse is the guy to get the 525-16T from if you are going that route. The sprocket change is very easy and can be done without even removing the wheel. Just a couple of 8mm hex bolts on the plastic cover, 3 screws in the locking plate, loosen up the tensioners all the way and you can slip the old sprocket right off, pop the new one into the chain and slide it on.

-Aaron

Thanks for the reply. I purchased both the 14 and 16 from Jesse and have the 14 installed in preparation for a dual sport ride in Ark this weekend. Installing the 14 was just as you say, easy and no need to even remove the rear wheel. I just wasn't certain about the clearance with the larger 16 tooth sprocket. Thanks again. I plan to use the 16 when I hit the road for extended touring as it should cut down on vibration at highway speeds. It is so easy to change, I will likely carry the 14 for use when I get to the interesting parts of the trip.