xr 650r engine -- help

my 03 xr650r lost the lower rod bearing and destroyed the crank,both crank case halves and bent the ex. valves. I'm trying to find a complete motor or complete lower end(mainly crank and cases) and not having any luck any help would be greatly appreciated

had the same thing happen to mine. Come to find out it's not the bearing that goes, it's the thrust washers on each side of the rod bearing that go away. Bet it had all kinds of copper looking stuff in the oil, thats the washer material. Apparently, this is a fairly common problem when hard miles are put on the poor little pig, I had 2 races and alot of test time on that motor when it stopped.

I was lucky and found a guy on this form who was parting out a bike and got the motor for 1400. I was told that the case halves could be welded up and that Honda only sells the crank and bearing as one, but not sure of that.

Good luck in your search, hope this info helps and maybe we could put some of your parts and some of my parts and have a big partsfest. ?

definitely lost the thrust washers but don't know witch went first, cases are broke to bad to be welded. wouldn't be to bad if i could find cases pretty cheap. parts at service Honda are reasonable but the cases are about $600