xr650r good deal?

i dig what you are saying about the odo reading. i can just check that little box and that won't be a problem but on the bottom of the rmv-1 form it needs to be signed by the dealer you bought it from which they won't do. i know my insurance lady will do the rest but i can't get past having them signing the rmv-1 form.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe explore the VT route Adam. Lots of guys have done this. I don't know what type of affiliation the dealer will need to play in it though. Don't give up too soon man! That was and still is a nice bike.

so i contacted the rmv asking them to give me something in writing that would explain what i am doing so bettencourts wouldn't feel like they are doing something illegal. this is the response i got which isn't even close to what i was looking for.

The Massachusetts RMV is not authorized to arbitrate legal disputes

between private parties and/or for dealer sales. If there is a dispute

regarding the sale/transfer of a motor vehicle, please contact all

parties involved with the purchase and/or transfer of this motor vehicle

in order to resolve the outstanding issue(s). You may wish to may wish

to seek legal council and/or you may contact the Consumer Affairs

Department of the Better Business Bureau at (617)727-7780.

Thank you for using www.mass.gov/rmv and have a nice day.

alright got some good news... one of my buddies has a 650r already plated in nh and he is going to let it go for 3000 he got it as a left over and only rode it twice... there is absolutely no wear on this bike at all. still has the stock tires and everything. so i will have a bike as of this sat. hopefully by the end of next week i will registered and inspected.

That sounds pretty good. Is there actually anywhere in Massachusetts you can even open up the BRP, besides the street?

I ask 'cause when I lived there; there wasn't much land you could legally ride, and that was 10yrs ago, I imagine it's even worse now. Of course I rode illegal 99% of the time, trespassing, unregistered on the street, etc but I was a juvenille and it was a small hick town so it wasn't a real biggie; but now there's too many yuppies from Jersey, LI and CT moving up that way and they spoilt everything, including inflated home values.

alright got some good news... one of my buddies has a 650r already plated in nh and he is going to let it go for 3000 he got it as a left over and only rode it twice... there is absolutely no wear on this bike at all. still has the stock tires and everything. so i will have a bike as of this sat. hopefully by the end of next week i will registered and inspected.
OH YEAH! That’s a better solution! We need to get the East Coast BRP riders together for a Dual Sport ride! Cool!

Sounds alot like the del I got on mine. The guy use to ride it around his front yard with his son on a 50...LOL. Probably made for a good yard tiller. Still had mold release nipples on the tires. To date, it is an '02 with 170.5 miles on it...albeit with a little boot rub (wow does boot rub happen fast). I gotta get mine reistered yet. I only have the original C/O with the dealer name and number on the back. So I gotta figure this thing out now myself. I may apply for title only then go back for registration. I'll just say it will be raced in a series in Canada and needs a title to cross the border. I know people that have had luck doing this on 2-strokes...lol.

• 5 months later...