New B questions

I am very new to the DRZ family I am hoping you can point me in the right direction. I need to clean my carb and I would also like to perform any tune ups that might need to be done. I bought a 2000 400s that has been jetted and has full yoshi exhaust. The bike has been sitting for about 9 months. So its not running well. What should I be checking or doing? And can I find any good cleaning/maitainence instructiuons/tips in certain places on this site? Any help or directive is appriecated.

Kyle

Yea i am fairly sure they have some gum and that i need to pull it and clean it out real good. I described the symptoms to a few people and that is all what they have thought. I wasnt sure if purging the fuel and run carb cleaner through would do it but at the same time I would just like to get it all cleaned and up to speed, since its new to me and I like to take care of my shit.

How do I identify the 3X3 Mod? I believe the previous owner said it did but I am not sure?

Remove the seat and see if the hole to the airbox has been enlarged to 3x3 inches or thereabouts. If there is a rubber snorkel thingie in the hole, it has not been enlarged.

If your vacumm line is properly hooked up and funtioning...there is no good reason for you to try it on pri.

It is just my troubleshooting nature when addressing a problem remotely. For instance...when I ask a user to cold boot a computer and they report they still have a problem...I tell them to shut the computer off and unplug it. Even then sometimes I doubt they did it correctly until I put my own hands on it. (experience has taught me that)

When working with somebody with less experience...I always try to address the same problem from different points of attack. Often it works in identifying a specific problem. Sometimes it proves nothing.

No it was bought in Arizona. I assume it is venting right though again I dont think I would know if it was not. It does have the hose attached the cap of the tank. It looks like I will plan to pull the carb and clean it tonight probably a good idea anyways. I have come to take it that to do this I pull the seat, tank, then detach the throtle cables (not so sure how to do this), loosen the screws on the rubber boots and push it back towards the air box to pull it out. From there take the float of remove pilot jet and througholy clean it? Am i missing anything?