Sign in to follow this  

Supermoto Exhibition / KTM Demo Day 4/1/2006 BD Park, Delaware

Just posted this over on smjunkie...

Where: Blue Diamond Park, New Castle, DE (http://www.bluediamondpark.com/)

When: April 1st, 2006

Alright folks, here's the deal:

Blue Diamond Park has given us the go-ahead to host an exhibition race at their facility on Saturday, April 1st. 15 riders will participate in two mock races during the day while everyone is welcome to come down and demo a KTM on the very same course. KTM North America is providing bikes that will be available to the general public to ride throughout the day.

The schedule for the day is still being finalized but very generally we will be rotating between practice and races for the exhibition riders and demo laps on the KTM bikes. There will be plenty of track time available on the KTM machines for anyone who is interested. We're talking 450's and 560's and all you need to do to ride is show up.

Please show your support and come out to the track. The track will open at 10am for the exhibition riders and alternate with KTM demo laps. There is a District 7 motocross race being held at the track on the 1st and 2nd so there should be a good number of people present but we need to show our support for the sport and show that this location would be a viable location to host future races. Being right off I-95 just over the DE line this track should be within driving distance for a good many of you. I can guarantee that if we give a good showing on the 1st there WILL BE other events with the potential for much more in the future.

There will be giveaways at the event and the location really has everything you could want. Those of you who are racers or riders are welcome to bring your bikes but due to liability we won't be able to let anyone other than the riders on the roster ride the track with their own machines. That said, Blue Diamond has an ATV/MX track that is a bit smaller than their full MX track but is an absolute blast on an SM machine - no ruts or anything to deal with and nice manageable jumps that can be taken by novices and experts alike.

The track is pretty impressive. It will have tight and twisty sections, a couple short straights and a very fast and twisty section that leads to the dirt section. The dirt section itself is not an add-on or dirt on asphalt - these guys know dirt and the section will be along the lines of what supermoto dirt is supposed to be with distinct sections to mimic flattrack/tt and mx.

Riders who have been invited to ride the exhibition need to confirm with me ASAP that they are coming. A PM in this forum is fine. For those of you who were not invited I sincerely apologize - I wish I could let anyone ride but due to logistics and liability only 15 riders were allowed on the roster.

There are a few other items we're still working on and I will post developments here as they occur.

Please post comments/questions here if you have any. If you think you may show up to help us show that supermoto racing is here to stay please let us know in this forum! Riders on the East Coast - if this event goes well we will have a new venue. This location is very central - riders from the north and south should be able to make the trek easily.

There will be camping available Friday night for those of you who plan to be there for the opening Saturday morning. If you plan to camp out Friday night please let me know so that I can arrange it for you. Otherwise, there are plenty of local hotels with availability.

Thanks for pulling this all together, especially with short notice go out to:

Blue Diamond Park

KTM North America

Troy Lee Designs

Supermotard-USA

Teknikos Racing

Just Dirt, Inc.

Supermoto Racer Magazine

This is very good news for Supermoto on the east coast! Blue Diamond is a great facility, operated by the largest construction firm in the state. These guys do know dirt, and have all the mega earthmoving equipment due to their day jobs.

The MX track was built just a couple years ago with an impressive tabletop, pro level whoops, and is expertly maintained.

The owner's long range (next 5 years) vision for the Blue Diamond facility is to continue expansion with a diverse array of family oriented entertainment.

Supermoto at the Diamond could be a great step in that direction!!! :thumbsup:

Now all I have to do is arrange a trip back to my home town in Wilmington DE on 4/1...

:thumbsup:

Tek this might help get more exposure if you post it in the northeast forum. lots of dirtriders might not look at the supermoto forum much but a lot of them ride blue diamond.

Is it possible to run what you brung, on the practice or in between events, we have just finished putting a sm together and having never done this it would be nice to be able to get on the track with our own equipment for a little shakedown and introduction to the sport?

Dean

Is it possible to run what you brung, on the practice or in between events, we have just finished putting a sm together and having never done this it would be nice to be able to get on the track with our own equipment for a little shakedown and introduction to the sport?

Dean

Sorry Dean, not this time. I have a good feeling we'll be seeing opportunities to do so but not at this event. It sounds like we're going to have a great turnout though - it would certainly be a good chance for you to meet some of the members of the community and get some tips on setup, parts, etc.

Jason

What a great 1st attempt at running a SM! Track looked safe and well thought out. To mother nature decided to help with watering the track and since I had a 9 hour drive home I bailed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lumpy790/IMG_0714.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lumpy790/294bluediamondIMG_0703.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lumpy790/DSC04470.jpg