Sign in to follow this  

DRZ 400sm quarter mile wheelie race track

Am I the only DRZer that thinks busting a 14 second quarter mile on a mutant trailbike is pointless?

No offense intended, it's a genuine question.

Other people drag race 1976 Caprice Classic 4-doors, what does it matter as long as they are having fun. There are many people that drag race their street bikes, because they enjoy drag racing.

Am I the only DRZer that thinks busting a 14 second quarter mile on a mutant trailbike is pointless?

I would have figured that a guy that owns two totally useless vehicles in a Honda Ruckus and a Blata pocket bike would know the answer to that question....

Of course it's pointless!!!!!

It doesn't make it any less fun, though.

The last guy I saw do that they kicked off the track.. (It was a buddy of mine-last run of test and tune day) I think it's funny but I also see why they don't allow it.. One bad accident and it's documented (your video) that they allow this type of thing to go on without kicking you out and they will be shut down and the insurance will be yanked..

I would have figured that a guy that owns two totally useless vehicles in a Honda Ruckus and a Blata pocket bike would know the answer to that question....

Of course it's pointless!!!!!

It doesn't make it any less fun, though.

OK, if it's fun for you to pay money to go down the strip on a relatively slow bike, then I understand. :thumbsup:

However, calling my Honda Ruckus useless is plain old ignorant in the purest definition of the word! You must not know anything about the Ruckus.

HONDA RUCKUS in VA, check this out:

1. NO INSURANCE REQUIRED

2. NO LISCENSE REQUIRED

3. NO TAGS OR TITLE REQUIRED

4. 98 MILES PER GALLON

5. PARK ON ANY SIDEWALK

6. COMFORTABLY CARRIES 4-5 CASES OF BEER :thumbsup:

Plus it's huge fun offroad and you can ride it with a broken leg. LOL... you guys should have seen the faces at my physical therapists office as I gimped in on crutches and a leg brace wearing my helmet.

The Blata I race in a professional series. (time permitting)

The meaning of my comment is that the Ruckus and the pocket bike are made for having fun.

Just like doing a 1/4 mile wheelie on a slow bike.

Sorry if it didn't read that way.

Maybe you should have posted that people all get there kicks different ways. For him it's busting that wheelie for you It's the Ruckus. And by the way the exact same thing could be said for racing that Blata. :thumbsup:

lol, by the way, i drag a 9 second zx12r for fun, the drz is a the most fun i have had in years.

06 kxf250

05 drz400sm

05 R1

02 zx12r

Maybe you should have posted that people all get there kicks different ways. For him it's busting that wheelie for you It's the Ruckus. And by the way the exact same thing could be said for racing that Blata. :thumbsup:

What thing could be said, that it is pointless? I win contingency/prize money and national rank.

The Ruckus is not a "kick" it is an extremely practical form of transportation. Trailriding the DRZ is for "kicks".

My comment was about drag racing the DRZ, not the wheelie. Members here are quick to defend others, which is nice, but not nessacary. There are no ill feelings or intentions contained in my question, just an honest question. It's all great.

lol, by the way, i drag a 9 second zx12r for fun, the drz is a the most fun i have had in years.

06 kxf250

05 drz400sm

05 R1

02 zx12r

What's the dyno read out on your ZX12R?

Have you thought about a turbo kit for it?

Hey I did that once on my R1. I had popped it right off the launch and decided since it was a bad launch just to wheelie the whole thing. I ran 13.07 at like 92 mph. THey told me to keep it on two wheels or I'd get the boot. I though that sounded kind of funny at the time.

I am not sure what the dyno is on the 12. It dips into the 9s bone stock. The R1 is almost as fast, when its strapped. FYI I can wheelie the quarter mile on the 12 10.52 @ 136mph.

FYI the drz runs 14.1@85mph,

I am not sure what the dyno is on the 12. It dips into the 9s bone stock. The R1 is almost as fast, when its strapped. FYI I can wheelie the quarter mile on the 12 10.52 @ 136mph.

FYI the drz runs 14.1@85mph,

the new zx 14 is bad mofo,

I see the "pointless" point. But all motorcycle riding for fun is pointless. Fun is, itself, mostly pointless in terms of lasting accomplishment. Racing, in the big scheme of things is somewhere below curing cancer and space exploration in importance.

Additionally, I believe only those who bust sub-14 sec 1/4-mile wheelies get to bash the 14sec 1/4-mile wheelier. :thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

14.1, that is a good timeslip rainman007. I take back my "relatively slow" and replace it with a "relatively quick" for a DRZ.

Cool.

I see the "pointless" point. But all motorcycle riding for fun is pointless. Fun is, itself, mostly pointless in terms of lasting accomplishment. Racing, in the big scheme of things is somewhere below curing cancer and space exploration in importance.

Additionally, I believe only those who bust sub-14 sec 1/4-mile wheelies get to bash the 14sec 1/4-mile wheelier. :cry::thumbsup::bonk:

:confused::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::cry::bonk::thumbsup:

hey dude more power to you my brother!!!! thats what i do all day long on my 05sm thats the exact reason i bought my bike plus the jumping 1st to 5th gear wheelies are what the bikes are all about the only problem is when the front tire stops spinnng sometimes when i put the front end down it tends to headshake until the tire catches back up to speed! maybe the reason people are giving you a hard time is because they cant appriciate or do wheelies like people like us keep up the good work making "us" proud!