TE-250 verses XR-250R & CRF-250X

I am close to purchasing a TE-250, but would like to hear from riders who have experience with both the XR-250R and CRF-250X. I presently have a street registered XR-250R, but want something with an electric starter.

My question is - does the engine of the TE-250 deliver power more like the XR or the CRF. I have ridden both, and there is quite a difference. I really like the tractor like quality of the XR. While the CRF is an excellent bike, its torque curve is entirely different. Which one is closest to the TE-250 in terms of engine response.

Other camparisons to the XR also welcome.

Thanks, El Mudo

Never ridden the TE250, but I own both an xr250 and a TE450. Keep in mind that I'm a huge fan of the xr250 and will never sell that bike.

IMHO the power delivery is similar in shape, but very different in magnitude. Both linear, although the XR is more so than the TE. There are no sudden surprises with the TE. But the TE will be much stronger in absolute terms. The TE motors are consistently among the strongest in their peer group. Read the recent writeup in dirt rider. Hopefully, someone here will have experience on both the TE250 and the CRFx.

R

Just my 2 cents.. The TE is better than both bikes. Check out past threads for this has been covered from time to time. I have owned all 3 bikes. 99 XR250 cried the day I sold it. 04 250 X and 06 TE 250 out of the 3 bikes I love the TE. After riding last Sunday, I feel the TE has the bottom of the XR and top of the CRF and handles like a dream compared to the 2 Honda's. It's a well built bike and easy to work on. I am alway fiddling around on the CRF in the shop.

I've got a 250X, but have never ridden a TE. I came off of a KTM200EXC. I'm a big euro bike fan, but I definately like the way my Honda steers and handles over the KTM. No headshake and much more precise.

I don't know if the the Husky handles similiar to the KTM, since they are both euros? Last Husky I owned was in '85. Great motor, lousy bike.

I like the looks of the new Huskys and may give one a try sometime. I ride tight single track.