OMG! Airbox fan

it would not work!you can't force air into the atmospheric side of a carburetor. have you ever seen a super charger sit on the carb. It's a hoax ?

You can, but the bowl vents have to be in the high-pressure area.

You can't pressurize the carb inlet and have the bowl vents outside of the airbox... it'll go lean.

It's a natural on an old carb'd car because the bowl vents are on top of the carb in the area covered by the air filter.... the air filter housing can be replaced by a pressure box connected to the charger and you're good to go with proper mixture at any boost level.

Hey wheels Up. I will check with a friend to see if I can borrow his 03 yZ250F again. I have borrowed it about 20 times already but he is usually a good sport about it. Have you herd of NMotion? They are about 15 miles away from us. I will have them do the comparison testing on the dyno runs.

Kevin will be honest about the run's because there isn't anything in it for him other than what I am going to have to pay him for having it done. I understand your point about having something to go off of and I don't have a problem doing that for the people on this site.

I look forward to your results Scooter33...

I think it's nice to have fresh ideas, if you bring your thoughts onto TT and behave as a nice person like Scooter33 has (IMO), we all should give these people a chance to discuss their theories/ideas as long as they don't break any TT rules about pushing a product without being a sponsor. If they approach it as a project, I'm sure there are plenty of good minds to help them develop an idea into a marketable product. I think it's neat that a product can become marketable with the help of the TT community, i.e. TTers helping each other out to make a good product that will benefit all of us that may want it. In contrast, if an idea/product has holes, you can be sure the same good minds on TT will point out all the flaws - it goes both ways, so the end product can not be snake oil.

Billywho started out here and now is on his way to selling various products as well as a few other TTers that I can think of. Good for them... ?

Keep it civil and see if we all can help each other out, that's what it's all about. ?

I look forward to your results Scooter33...

I think it's nice to have fresh ideas, if you bring your thoughts onto TT and behave as a nice person like Scooter33 has (IMO), we all should give these people a chance to discuss their theories/ideas as long as they don't break any TT rules about pushing a product without being a sponsor. If they approach it as a project, I'm sure there are plenty of good minds to help them develop an idea into a marketable product. I think it's neat that a product can become marketable with the help of the TT community, i.e. TTers helping each other out to make a good product that will benefit all of us that may want it. In contrast, if an idea/product has holes, you can be sure the same good minds on TT will point out all the flaws - it goes both ways, so the end product can not be snake oil.

Billywho started out here and now is on his way to selling various products as well as a few other TTers that I can think of. Good for them... ?

Keep it civil and see if we all can help each other out, that's what it's all about. :confused:

? They weren't trying to flog off a computercase fan for $250!!!!!!

What a load of crap.......

Does everyone here think he will post the real dyno sheet if any?

I live in the same town as Scott, I know Kevin real well. I will go down there and watch for myself and post what I see. (May even ride the bike to get a seat of the pants dyno test. By the way in no way do I have a vested interest in this product. So Tony don't think what I post will be a lie.

I see that the fan installation includes installing fatter jets, which alone could account for the claimed power gains since most bikes these days come from the factory jetted towards the lean side. I would like to see the test run like this:

1 - bone stock

2 - jetting changes only

3 - jetting changes and fan

-B

I think the added weight of th battery would remove any benfit of the make shift super-charger ?

I would like to see a dyno and flow chart on the setup. I bet the cfm of the fan is not much!

Matt, I noticed that you have over 1700 post. Are they always as intelligent as the ones that I have seen? ?

Sometimes he's really on the ball, sometimes he's fully loaded with sarchasm, and sometimes he's fully loaded with something else ?

I've e-mailed the e-mail address that I found on e-bay, but it hasn't been answered. So I'm hoping that someone here can answer me. Wouldn't forcing that much air into the bike at an idle make it lean enough to burn down? How could you possible jet for this, if you're jetting was right on with the fan running, it would be extemely fat when the battery died. It seems to me that it could work at low rpm's but it could restrict air at higher rpms. Would like to hear form someone that has actually tried it.

Darvo- Was this your qestion=

Q: I'm interested in your product, but would like to know more about it. What happens when the battery dies while riding, does the bike still run okay? How much jetting are you doing? My bike has almost every bolt-on mod you can buy, my jetting is pretty lean as it is. Is there still enough room for the air filter to fit easily? How long have you been running these, and have you seen any motor problems? My bike is a yz250f if that helps at all.

If this was you , E-bay would not let me mail you back for some reason. If you mail me at r-p-p@sbcglobal.net I will return your mail.