Sign in to follow this  

OMG! Airbox fan

But... the company owner is working on dyno testing on an '06 YZ, and he is sending a second unit to Kelstr for an independent test, since a dyno chart from a suspected scammer is worth no more than his claims.

We would have seen some results by now.......

My bet is it is lost in the post! :thumbsup:

Here is the same thing for $28!!! What a saving!

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de12tfexhisp.html

If you are really that interested, MAKE YOUR OWN!

Like all forced induction turbo's and S.c's the cfm must surpase the cfm of the engine at max out put. I can't see a small fan producing that much cfm with out falling apart. .

Yea I think with the rpm needed it would rather pull you backwards like a propeller. :bonk: .. But as more i think of it: :confused: :: what if you turn it around? schould give you turbinepush... :bonk: whaaa. :thumbsup: . I think I go for it. See my backfender.. :bonk::thumbsup::bonk:

your a retard, you know becuase turbo chargers never worked on cars. its the same god damn thing, force feeding the engine air, OMG. go back to kindergarten :thumbsup:

You are saying a battery powered CPU fan is the same as a turbo charger and you are calling me a retard? What a dumb ass.

Yea I think with the rpm needed it would rather pull you backwards like a propeller. :bonk: .. But as more i think of it: :bonk: :: what if you turn it around? schould give you turbinepush... :bonk: whaaa. :confused: . I think I go for it. See my backfender.. :cry::thumbsup::bonk:

O.K guyz, I bought 10 of those and placed them all over my bike, gave them an extra strong batterycharge and made some incredible fast laps. Now I need supermoto front breakdisks. :thumbsup:

We would have seen some results by now.......

He just got into contact with Kelstr last week, and Kelstr is incredibly busy... this isn't his first priority.

As far as Scooter, he doesn't OWN a dyno. That dyno run above for my truck was scheduled over a month in advance.

Yea I think with the rpm needed it would rather pull you backwards like a propeller. :thumbsup: .. But as more i think of it::

I think the motor will pull air in faster than the fan can put out, charging the battery!

I think the motor will pull air in faster than the fan can put out, charging the battery!

Hmm... there's an idea :thumbsup:

Nahh... if the fan is capable of putting out 220cfm as claimed, then it is actually capable of flowing more thant double what the YZ450 will demand at 13,000, so theoretically, it COULD work, producing more than 15psi of boost.

The problem is that these fan blades are far different from turbo fan blades and will stall at a much lower pressure differential. Once the blades stall, it's like a boat's prop cavitating.... the fan becomes a solid disk blocking nearly all airflow.

And of course, the other problem of the bowl vents being outside of the airbox.

Hmm... there's an idea :thumbsup:

Nahh... if the fan is capable of putting out 220cfm as claimed, then it is actually capable of flowing more thant double what the YZ450 will demand at 13,000, so theoretically, it COULD work, producing more than 15psi of boost.

The problem is that these fan blades are far different from turbo fan blades and will stall at a much lower pressure differential. Once the blades stall, it's like a boat's prop cavitating.... the fan becomes a solid disk blocking nearly all airflow.

And of course, the other problem of the bowl vents being outside of the airbox.

If numbers show it will work, they why don't pros use this product in races? Is there a rule against forced induction? I can imagine there is.

If i really need MORE power i can use different alternatives; fuel, jetting, pipe, filter, bore kit. You get the idea.

Now how about a fan IN your exhaust that pushes exhaust OUT, making the plumbing better flowing. This will only work until the air velocity inside reaches mach 1. This doesn't occur in this application. :thumbsup:

You are saying a battery powered CPU fan is the same as a turbo charger and you are calling me a retard? What a dumb ass.

i'm not saying there the same, i'm saying the pricipal is the same, not the application.

If numbers show it will work, they why don't pros use this product in races? Is there a rule against forced induction? I can imagine there is.

Correct... and whether this thing works or not, the AMA would consider it to be forced induction.

If i really need MORE power i can use different alternatives; fuel, jetting, pipe, filter, bore kit. You get the idea.

Agreed. If this thing produces 3hp (about a 10% gain on a 250) I'd be surprised. Is 3hp enough to overcome the added weight of the battery?

There are far more ways to get 3hp that are far less likely to fail.

Now how about a fan IN your exhaust that pushes exhaust OUT, making the plumbing better flowing. This will only work until the air velocity inside reaches mach 1. This doesn't occur in this application.

Nope... unlike Diesels, gassers need backpressure to run properly. Even the extra restriction of driving a turbo is overcome by the gains from the boosted intake charge. Evacuating the exhaust system with a blower would have the result of reducing combustion pressures by preventing a reversion pulse from "packing" the cylinder just as the exhaust valve closes.

your a retard, you know becuase turbo chargers never worked on cars.
ReallY? I have a Volvo in my driveway that disagrees with you. And you've never seen a Buick grand National or a Celica Supra twin turbo run, have you? Blowers, superchargers, turbochargers, it's all about force feeding air to an engine as a matter of fact. The problem here is that this device is not capable of doing that by the designers own admission (where he mentioned the fact that the fan is only capable of producing 1 psi of pressure).

The problem here is that this device is not capable of doing that by the designers own admission (where he mentioned the fact that the fan is only capable of producing 1 psi of pressure).

I missed that one.

Therfore, any gains are due to the compensation for the restriction of the filter media.

That's 1psi measured running? What's the draw behind the filter on a stocker?

Nope... unlike Diesels, gassers need backpressure to run properly. Even the extra restriction of driving a turbo is overcome by the gains from the boosted intake charge. Evacuating the exhaust system with a blower would have the result of reducing combustion pressures by preventing a reversion pulse from "packing" the cylinder just as the exhaust valve closes.

Like when i was researching pipes for my 125 (sold). The FMF PC4 was better breathing giving the 125 better low/mid power. Another one was the BBR pipe which had some restriction, giving it better mid/high power.

I still see some idiots start up their bikes without a header. 2 strokes, 4 strokes. :thumbsup:

Like when i was researching pipes for my 125 (sold). The FMF PC4 was better breathing giving the 125 better low/mid power. Another one was the BBR pipe which had some restriction, giving it better mid/high power.:

I think you mean the other way around, don't you?

Tony was right about the back pressure on his 125(2 smoke). less restriction sends a slower return wave back the the cylinder thus improving low end. More pressure will send a faster return wave back, thus improving top end performance. We used to make our own stingers and oversize them a little bit.

Then we would make different sized inserts that looked like a shot gun shell and install them just after the rear cone of the pipe.(2 smoke) We could change the bleed rate and pick a insert for each track without changing pipes. The inserts with the bigger openings were used on tight tracks and the inserts with the smaller opening were used on the fast tracks.

Tony was right about the back pressure on his 125(2 smoke). less restriction sends a slower return wave back the the cylinder thus improving low end. More pressure will send a faster return wave back, thus improving top end performance. We used to make our own stingers and oversize them a little bit.

Then we would make different sized inserts that looked like a shot gun shell and install them just after the rear cone of the pipe.(2 smoke) We could change the bleed rate and pick a insert for each track without changing pipes. The inserts with the bigger openings were used on tight tracks and the inserts with the smaller opening were used on the fast tracks.

HAHAHA I had a TTR 125L(4 stroke!)