Lowering The crf150f?????

Slide the forks up in the triple clamps, and then adjust the sag on the rear shock. Your manual would be a good place to tell you about adjusting sag, you need to know the amount of sag for your bike. Doing just those two things may lower the bike an inch or so.

Any reason why you have a 150 if you are so small? A ttr125 or xr100 would have been much better for your size/skill level.

The TTR125 is alittle shorter than the crf150 but I'd get the crf over the TTR. You should be able to lower it alittle. At 95lbs you'll probably have to adjust the sag. I'm sure it won't sag the recommended 3'' with 95lbs on it. Beware the bike is 223lbs dry. At 95lbs I doubt your terribly strong. I could bench press my crf230 full of fluids and its still a PITA for me to get unstuck.

But if you have some experience with bikes (I have 1 weeks worth experience) you may not have to worry about getting it stuck all the time.

This guy sells lowering links for the crf150 all the time... it is much cheaper than the kouba link...

We got one for a flattrack crf150 and it works great...

Good Luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CRF150F-CRF150-CRF-150-LOWERING-LINK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35592QQitemZ4625352810QQrdZ1

Oh boy. Well, I'm hoping I'm not screwing up a deal for you Torqd. If I am, I'm so sorry. If I'm not, however, I think I'll still turn out to be weenie because I know where you can get that piece for under $4.00.

?

Wait a minute. I feel bad. I can't post it here. If someone wants to know the answer, you'll have to ping me because that ebayer is looking to make some easy fast money and I'm screwing up his deal. I don't mean to mess it up, but I know what he's doing and I just learned about it just recently.

I will say, It's a really cool deal. There's nothing wrong with his ebay post. I just know what that piece is for.

get a 50.
Mmmmmm what an a$$. Anyways, kouba link or sag. I used to be 5'3'' when i bought the bike and i had to tippy toe, but what i found helped was just getting comfortable with the bike, and even dropping it(not purposely) but even that can teach you how not to handle it and how to protect yourself. Im about and inch or two taller now and I also inherited the long leg gene.

• 10 years later...

Hi! I'm a new member here, so I hope it's ok to post on this old thread.

I'm new to the group, but definitely not new to Honda 4-strokes. My kids and I race flat track. We have a 2012 CRF150R, an '03 CRF450R, and a '85 XR600R in a C&J racing frame, plus a few more bikes...

We picked the 150F up for our neighbor's daughter, who's moving up from a 110. I'd like to bring the rear down a tad. I'm very interested in the cheap option mentioned above. Sounds like a linkage from a different model? I've dealt with the Devol linkages before, and they work fine, but I'd sure like to help keep costs down for my friend.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Garrett302