Best MX Boots??

I'm torn between what boots to buy, Tech 10's or Garne's SG-10's. I haven't worn either of them so all I have to go off of is other peoples opionions. Or should I save $$$ and just buy some Tech 6's? HELP!! Give me your opinions, please! It's not really the price as much as I don't want to buy $400 boots that I don't like! I've worn ONEAL Hardware boots (w/ankle braces) for over 8 years', only because I was sponsered by ONEAL. I no longer am sponsered by ONEAL nor do I get boots for free anymore. I'm also considering the new Sidi Crossfire........ ?

I have had Tech 6's and they were good boots. Now I have Tech 8's and love them. I got them from TT on sale. I just saw Tech 8's from TT for $262. That is a great deal on a great boot. Not sure if they are on sale anymore but it would be worth checking.

Here's the difference in prices for me:

Tech 10's - $300

Tech 8's - $230

Tech 6's - $180

Gearne SG-10 - $200

I've tried Tech 8's on before and they kinda feel abit bulky but I guess I'd get used to it....

Where do you get prizes so low ?

If you're looking for opinions then your not going to get any facts regarding how the boot would fit YOUR foot.

Everyone, is going to say that their boots were great or that they were crap but, it is only relevant if you have the exact same foot and ride the same as that person.

The only way to actually know which boots is the most comfortable for you is to go to the different shops that carry the boots you want to try and then spend about an hour in them walking and sitting on bikes etc. If you're that worried about getting the right boots (and price really isn't an issue)then spend the time trying them on. (if you don't have stores that carry the boot you want to try then order it and return it and pay for shipping)

Also, any of the boots you mentioned could easily be looked up on previous threads here.

Now, IMO Oxtar TCX Pro's were/are the most comfortable/safest boot for my foot.

Good luck in your search for the perfect boot. ?

I'm torn between what boots to buy, Tech 10's or Garne's SG-10's. I haven't worn either of them so all I have to go off of is other peoples opionions. Or should I save $$$ and just buy some Tech 6's? HELP!! Give me your opinions, please! It's not really the price as much as I don't want to buy $400 boots that I don't like! I've worn ONEAL Hardware boots (w/ankle braces) for over 8 years', only because I was sponsered by ONEAL. I no longer am sponsered by ONEAL nor do I get boots for free anymore. I'm also considering the new Sidi Crossfire........ ?

go for SG10 and forget the useles features of tech 8,10... like bootie and more.

I picked up a pair of tech 8's and love them. I was also torn between them and the sg-10. My foot fit better in the tech 8's. The only thing is I wish I would have waited a few more months for the new tech8's, they look sweet. And if price is a concern, just keep an eye out on eb@y, a lot of times you can pay half price for new boots. ?

I've tried both Tech 6 & 8 and could barely move my ankle in them. They felt a lot like ski boots. I tried on the Fox Forma Pro's and they are sturdy, yet allow flexibility in the correct joint area for my feet. I was able to break these babies in beautifully. They are also the most comfortable, form fitted style of boot I've tried yet.

I would however have to agree with some of the other members that it IS best to try on different types of boots and see which fits the shape of your foot best. That's what I had to do. I tried out Thor, O'neal, MSR, Alpinstars, and finally Fox which turned out to be best for me. While the hubby loves his Thor Quadrants.

Just go with what your 'feet' tell you. ?

-Dawn