Sign in to follow this  

XR200 & XR200R Racing / Results.......!!!

Turns out I got numbers 6 and 9 muddled up - the guy on the other XR 200 didn't win overall, but did get a good finish in the expert class.

Just found this youtube vid of us on the old bikes at that event - I'm number 24 with the blue handguards (yes, the one that get's stuck on the log.....).  Number 22 is on quite an unusual bike - a full size CR80 (not a normal big wheel but a 21/18)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFoKnzRDOco

Watching that last video was like a trip down memory lane. So many cool old bikes. Then I noticed the complete lack of suspension, and the metal gas tanks. That brought back the bad memories from those days. The left hand kick start KTM was cool. Used to have a Bultaco that had a left hand kick start, damn hard to learn how to work just wasn't natural.

Took my 82 R out this weekend to compete in Vinduro UK's annual 2 day event the "Hot Trod" - a 2x 1 hour Hare and Hounds on the Saturday afternoon and a Timecard enduro on the Sunday - no bikes newer than 1995 allowed, though in previous years it was no newer than 1990.  The little XR's were fairly sparse last year but there were at least 7 there this time over the to days, so people are learning!

Was riding clubman B this year (it goes Expert, Clubman A, Clubman B, Sportsman, Novice) and the start of the H&H was done in classes, with the fastest first.  

By some fluke I holeshot my class and held the lead for a lot further into the first lap than I ever could have imagined - by my reckoning I only lost 3 or 4 places over the hour but the results aren't out yet.  To do the same on the second race I was pretty chuffed, though I'd maybe pushed a little hard in the first race (and got tired) and lost a few more places by making silly mistakes (got stuck in the bog more than once) but on the whole really pleased.

Sunday's timecard felt like it was going to be pretty tough after waking up to a lot of aching bits and not knowing how tight the lap times were going to be I pushed fairly hard but needn't have worried - we came in with a comfortable 30 minutes or so to spare.  The rest of the laps got 5 minutes tighter each time  but I knew that as long as I didn't get stuck, fall off too badly or break down I could relax, ride conservatively and try and put some good test times in.  No idea how I did on the tests yet but caught riders each time apart from one where I parked perfectly on top of a hidden stump and lost a few seconds :(

Was watching a few riders on "faster" bikes while I was following them and couldn't help but notice just how much harder it looked like they were having to work (one that really stuck out was a guy on a 125 SWM who was making lots of noise and little pace while I was happily just chugging along on small throttle blips).

Little bike did me proud and never let me down all weekend - just wish it had a little more top end at times but you can't have it all can you?

Will try and post some pics when they become available :)

Well guys, just a heads up but I'll be running a 200 for 2015.  I've got an assortment of bikes to chose from but love the 200.  Maybe because I'm not that experienced, I'm getting older, I like to be different, or maybe all of the above.   I scored a garage find '84 xl200r, and since tagging it for the road is out of the question due to some title work, began setting it up like an XR.  I'll be running the VXCS series in Virginia most likely C class.  I also plan on hitting a winter GPX series race in Jan (mix of GP and XC race).  The bike is under constant change right now,  but I still manage to ride it every Sun morning on a practice loop that is also constantly evolving. 

Pic when I got it home, not bad for $50

20141030_201629_zpse690a362.jpg

Pic from this past Sun morning....like I said it's a work in progress.

10801542_10205525240714178_4937490473074

• Like 1

Had a race planned for tomorrow.  The Southern Maryland Dirt Riders Hangover Harescramble.  Looks like they decided to postpone due to wet weather moving in, they moved it to next weekend rain on shine.   Oh well, had done some work trying to get the open air filter somewhat protected.  I guess I'll still give it a workout in the AM, just on my practice course instead. 

*note my handle bars don't normally sit that far back, forgot I smacked a tree pretty hard and need to re-adjust them*

20150102_211954_zps0ykd44ef.jpg

Edited by foytix