Sign in to follow this  

fork seals

fork seals

i was planing to take of those horrid black covers on my 150(the fork things) and i was hoping you guys could give kind of like direction to take of the black covers and put on some seal savers or seal socks what ever it is they are called.

thanks

xXXx

Im getting ready to do exactly what your trying to do.You have to loosen the bolts that hold the fork to the trees and take off the brake caliper and slide the forks off and remove them and just slide the seal savers on..

um there are some that are velcro, but i forget the name of them. They cost the same though.

thats what i want to they work as weal as regular ones would

but do those requier all the steps that dirtrida010 said you had to do to install them

Yeah But i think those are the ones that cover the fork..I got sealsavers so you can SEE the fork but still have protection. But i think fork socks makes the short lengthned ones..

would just compressing the black things all ready on there and tighten them work just as well

no!!! it would not look good at all.. i heard of someone doing that on this site last week, and i tried it on my 06 CRF230. it is the ugliest thing that i have seen in my life.. the fork boots dont even compress past halfway down the fork... go with these shock soxs that's what i'm gonna do...

no, you got to do all that but there still a pain because you have to pull them off the fork whitch is your seal.... ahhhh only a 30 min job easy. you must know what your doing tou or else :thumbsup:

Keep the stock black things on. They're there for a reason, to protect your fork sliders and seals and they're going to do a much better job of doing that then seal savers or the like.

u dont have to take ur calipe off just loosen the triple trees and take them off the top

:thumbsup: