Utah Riding

Anybody know where I can get some good riding in around SLC. Been around Bountiful, Lil' Sahara, and out toward Wendover... New to the area. Like to get some mountain trails in before the snow flies.

Thanks

-Coop

Coop,

Try 5-Mile Pass RV park out past Cedar Fort, Utah. Take Redwood road from SLC south to Highway 73 in Lehi. Turn right (west) and take this road approx. 14 miles past Cedar Fort and Fairfield. You will see the signs and the parking on the right side of the road.

This area is mostly desert with jeep trails on both the north and south side of the main highway.

Tomorrow's no good... Maybe Thursday? Gotta take my bike in for new shoes. The rear is toast, and the front isn't too sweet either. If you're up for it on Thursday though, I'd make a run out there. I work near the airport in SLC, so it's not quite so far down there. Anyway, let me know what you think. I can probably be down there by 5 or so and get a couple hours in before dark.

-Coop

Coop,

The fastest way to 5-Mile from the airport is to take Bangeter Highway south until you get to the Redwood road exit. The exit is probably 15 miles or so from the airport.

I'm not sure about Thursday. I may be running down to Moab for the weekend. I'll let you know.

John

Hey guys,

If you like single track riding then going up American Fork to Tibble fork is a great ride. You can get all the way to the top of Alta Ski resort. I have been wanting to make that run again this year.

Let me know if you are interested and we can plan it. With the snow that hit today (Tuesday 10-9-01) it might be next week before its melted.

Thanks,

Rod

That sounds like big fun; I love single track! I'll keep an eye on snow conditions and you keep me posted. Where are you located?

lttlemeh, you keep me posted as well on your plans. If Thursday will work, we'll hook up. I scoped out the map and know how to get there. It won't be a problem...

-Coop

Hey guys,

I just got back from 5-Mile pass and the rain we had made the trail great! I don't know what's going on for sure with the weather Thursday, but if it's clear, I'm sure that I will be out there.

Whitlock, I would like to go up Tibble Fork. I wonder how accessible it will be after the snow we had today? They said we got 4" in the mountains and more on the way for Thursday.

Anyone up for joining us at Moab this weekend? We plan to do Poison Spider Mesa, Hurrah Pass on Saturday and Sunday.

Let me know....

John

manx@uab.edu

Hey Coop,

We're planning to do 5 miles of hell this saturday if you'd like to come along. Plenty of room on the trailer and in the van. Anyone else interested?

tim

------------------

Utah Motorcycle Adventures

www.utahmoto.com

<a href="mailto:tim@utahmoto.com?>tim@utahmoto.com</a>

801-979-0970

[This message has been edited by offroadhaus (edited October 09, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by offroadhaus (edited October 10, 2001).]

Just how it sounds Coop. Some of the best and gnarliest country in Utah. Redrock and desert terrain with lots of steps, drops and plenty of tipovers! If that doesn't excite you let me know and I'll try a little harder.

Here' some good pic's from Ruxtons page:

http://www.ruxtonnoble.com/srsfmoh.html

We'll leave Provo early and be back that night.

------------------

Utah Motorcycle Adventures

www.utahmoto.com

<A href="mailto:tim@utahmoto.com?>tim@utahmoto.com</A>

801-979-0970

[This message has been edited by offroadhaus (edited October 10, 2001).]

Sounds good Rod. Checked out some photos of Tibble on another website. It looks great. I rode 5-mile pass this afternoon. It's a fun area for winter and spring riding especially. It was a little greasy from the rain, but there's quite a bit of riding to be had there. Had it all to myself. Missed you John, I got out there at about 5... in fact you were probably smarter and decided to bag it due to weather. A little rain on I-15 and everyone becomes a drooling idiot!

-Coop

Hey guys,

Yeah I bagged it yesterday, but I went out today and had a great time. I would like to shoot for a mid-week Tibble Fork ride. Are you all talking about an afternoon ride?

We are heading down to Moab tomorrow morning and will be riding Hurrah Pass in the afternoon, then on Sunday Monitor and Merimak and Monday Behind the Rocks if anyone wants to join us.

Next week is the mountain bike fat tire festival and we will try to avoid the cluster. We were thinking of trying Wolverine Ridge in the Uintas if the weather permits. Any other ideas for a Northern Utah ride before we're snowed in?

John

John, I think you hit it perfect. Friday would have been ideal at 5-mile pass. I was wishing I was out there. Anyway, I'm going to head up to Idaho next weekend for some hunting and single track near the location they held the Idaho spodefest at in 2000 (I think). I'd be up for an afternoon Tibble Fork adventure next week. Hope Moab is good to you.

-Coop