Got my 04 450sx!

Picked up my 04 450 sx over the weekend and got to put a couple of hours on it. Man this thing is ruthless and will absolutely wipe my rm250 off the road. It has full FMF Factory 4 exhaust, jetted and has a tad different gearing. This thing has a hit like a 2 stroke and just pulls and pulls and the 4 spd is plenty. Anyone have any other suggestions to do to the bike???? I couldnt be more happier with it!!!!

well im going to the dealer this week to look at a "clean" 04 450sx.I keep hearing the word "smooth" used to describe their power,does this mean slow?I dont want to be smoked by the jap brands.im currently on a ktm 250sx 2 stroke,got it last yr after having a yz426.I know its not slow but i hope its close to the crf450 in outright power,thats the bike of choice in these parts.i really miss riding the 4 stroke,my 250sx is just plain ignorant..

I have an 03 and all problems > I here that 04 is completely diff thought. Mine was also used and beat, so there ya go. I plan on gettin a 04 motor anyone know if it will bolt up into my 03 fram with 03 ignition, pipe, and all that using an 04 motor? Power is great when it ran 100%

SMOOTH.

Not slow.

Smooth.

Meaning no hit, bark, or other obnoxious sudden spike in the power. Just a consistant, strong put down of power to the ground.

My dad's 426 is strong, but not smooth. You need to be in the upper 1/2 of the rpms to generate good usable power.

My '01 520SX can be at any engine speed and make power.

My '04 450SX can be at any engine speed and make power.

That is smooth.