Sign in to follow this  

New Ttr 125 Exhaust Mod

I Tried The "washer" Mod On My Son's 06 And The Exhaust Gasses Were Forced Back Torwards The Driver(not Safe).

I Removed The Cap On The End Of The Exhaust And Opened Up The Exit Hole With A 1 1/4" Hole Saw. I Set The Cap Upright In A Drill Press And Held It With A Small Vice And My Hand. I Drilled Out The Small Hole In The End With The Hole Saw. I Used Light Pressure Because The Hole Saw Wanted To "walk Around". The Center Drill Bit, On The Hole Saw, Did Not Have Anything To Drill Into To Keep It Centered. The 1 1/4" Hole Saw Is The Perfect Size To Open Up The Exit Hole But It Will Keep The Spark Arrestor Intact. I Filed The Inside Edge Of The Hole With A Rat Tail File And Painted It With Flat Black Paint. The Exhaust Looks And Sounds Great.

I Went Riding This Weekend And The Ranger Inspected The Exhaust. It Passed With Flying Colors.

I Also Did The Air Box Mod And Rejeted 17.5/110. Bike Runs Outstanding.

xscuseless.gif

There have been several others like yours, but as far as I know none kept the SA intact... Let's see it.

We Want Pic's !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im new to this how do you post them

1. Take pictures.

2. Put pictures on computer.

3. make an acount on a picture hosting web site. (http://www.photobucket.com/ is a good one)

4. Upload pictures form computer too picture hosting site.

5. coppy and paste the image link given under the picture in photobucket.

6. paste the link in a reply to this thread.

Or, email them too me, and i will post them for you.... :thumbsup:

here is three pictures thx for fillin me in on how to post them

108_0818.jpg108_0820.jpg108_0819.jpg

I like, I like!

lmao i first saw that an it reminded me of some one with no teeth??? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was there a significant sound increase? I'm actually looking to make my son's stock TTR125 a little louder. He barely knows his bike is running when he and I go out (I have a WR-250 with a White Brothers exhaust that is quite loud). Making mods in the stock exhaust sounds like a good option.

I did the airbox mod and jetted my wife's 05 and it still felt like it was holding back so I put one of these on. It's sounds more like a thumper now but not too loud. Also the mid-range and top end pull seems to have increased.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXHAUST-TIP-TTR50-TTR125-TTR-125-TT-R125E-TT-R125_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35573QQitemZ4634804809QQrdZ1

• Like 1

I did the airbox mod and jetted my wife's 05 and it still felt like it was holding back so I put one of these on. It's sounds more like a thumper now but not too loud. Also the mid-range and top end pull seems to have increased.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXHAUST-TIP-TTR50-TTR125-TTR-125-TT-R125E-TT-R125_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35573QQitemZ4634804809QQrdZ1

I just bought one of these to for my wifes 125...it's in the mail. It says it is USFS approved...I hope it will pass inspection...I get stopped a few times a year where I ride.

Sangair

What does the exhaust tip actually do? what does it improve ? ..why not just get a whoel new exhaust!

It allows the exhaust to flow better improving mid-range and top end power and it is still USFS approved.

Exhaust tip = $40

New Exhaust = $160 to $300 :crazy:

Looks pretty good. How much or a sound increase doesn it make?

It allows the exhaust to flow better improving mid-range and top end power and it is still USFS approved.

Exhaust tip = $40

New Exhaust = $160 to $300 :ride:

Plus....wifes bike...she really doesn't give a rats a$$...and honestly..how much more performance are you getting for about another

$200 in an a exhaust...I'd rather spend the $$ on suspension :crazy:

Sangair

I just bought one of these to for my wifes 125...it's in the mail. It says it is USFS approved...I hope it will pass inspection...I get stopped a few times a year where I ride.

Sangair

They ship really quickly and USFS approved is stamped right into it :crazy:

Was there a significant sound increase? I'm actually looking to make my son's stock TTR125 a little louder. He barely knows his bike is running when he and I go out (I have a WR-250 with a White Brothers exhaust that is quite loud). Making mods in the stock exhaust sounds like a good option.

Why not try to quiet down that WR?

Who said my WR was loud? :crazy::ride:

OK, that looks like a real nice solution. Clean and cheap. Will do the airbox mod at the same time. What jets did you use?

I thought about that, but it seems that might be a little more expensive. Plus it is dialed in pretty nicely and I don't want to mess with it. It is difficult to gauge what folks think is loud, but to me the stock TTR125 just sounds like a moped. Not real inspiring, even for my 12 year old.