Sign in to follow this  

03 CRF150F vs. XT225

I was wondering between the 150F and the XT225, which one has the best off-road performance? Which is faster at getting around, and accelerating? Thanks in advanced for the help.

i dont even know what a xt225 is but theres always the 230 if you want somethin bigger than the 150

I was wondering between the 150F and the XT225, which one has the best off-road performance? Which is faster at getting around, and accelerating? Thanks in advanced for the help.

I believe the XT225 is more of a on road bike than an offroad bike. If you want an offroad bike I would choose the CRF150 or the CRF230 depending on skill level.

The XT225 is the dualsport version of the highly reviled TTR225--the bike that Yamaha had to re-do to to keep up with Honda. It has a front heavy compromise geometry, which is better suited for street. It will probably out accelerate a CRF150 but the comparison stops there. If you have a gigantic a** and are 5'2" you might like the TTR225, oops, the XT225.

get the 230

Im not in the market for a dirt bike, only a dual sport. The reason I asked was because I geve my old 150F to my brother in law. Now, I am going to buy a dual sport and want one that will out perform the 150F. I dont want one that is crazy big either.

Im not in the market for a dirt bike, only a dual sport. The reason I asked was because I geve my old 150F to my brother in law. Now, I am going to buy a dual sport and want one that will out perform the 150F. I dont want one that is crazy big either.

I would go with a WR250...and make it street legal...thats what I plan to do.

Hey you could make the 230 dual sport but I wouldn't bother. Go with something with better gearing thats for sure. The 230 does a real good job at being a fun/trail bike like its meant to be.

Another option a used KLR 250 they are pretty good duel sport and cheaper.