Sis Needs A Bike, Anyone Got One?

Hey Fellow TTer's I Got My Sister Hooked On Riding With My Old XR100, But She Is Like 5'9'' So She Is WAY Too Tall For The 100 ? . So My Dad And I Sold The 100 For Like $750 On eBay About 2 Months Ago. No My Sister Is Pissed Because She Has Nothing To Ride! :confused::bonk:

So My Question Is, Anyone Have Or Know Someone Who Has A 250 or 400 For Slae Cheep? I've Been Watching eBay, Cycle Trader, And All The Local Papers But Cant Seem To Find Anything. ?

I'm Looking For A 1996 Or Newer XR250R or an XR400R For Under Or Around $2k. ( Probably Won't Get A 400 For That But I Can Try! )

Thanks

don't listen to this noob. i bought my 1998 XR 400 for 2200$ last year. it was owned by one of the big honchos of the Michigan Cycle Conservation Club, had an Endurance computer, a Baja Designs bash-guard, an FMF power core IV exhaust, renthals, AND it was street titled and had a Baja Designs dual sport kit on it. PLUS he gave all the orig. equipment, the shop manual, and road and dirt tires thrown in. road the piss out of it all summer and i'm now doing a top end and (while i'm at it) a 416 bore. for about500 it'll be all fresh.

also, i bought a 2002 XR 250 which had already been torn down and rebuilt by the owner, was completely cherry (new plastics, etc) B.D. bash guard, renthals, moose barkbusters, aftermarket exausts, extra oil and air fiters, extra tires, all original equip (including snorkel, jets, and exhaust and shop manual). it runs like a champ and the GF loves it. i got that for 1800$ (had to drive 4 hours each way to get it).

sure both bikes have been ridden, and ridden hard. but they're anvils (just as heavy, too) and they can A) take it and ? a 15 year old could do a top end with that manual.

so don't believe a thing this cat says. i had the money for my bike and hers for months before i found the right bike. the 400 came that MCCT guy who moved up to a KTM 520 and the 250 came from a kid who moved up to a YZF so he can race hare scrambles. this is how you'll find your bike. these guys moved on and were sitting on bike which probably looks a lot more like money for an exaust and other goodies for the new ride than it looks like a second bike.

be prepared to drive a bit, keep your eyes open, and have cold, hard cash ready.

I found my bike here in the TT classified section.

When I was looking called on a few bikes from craigslist.org just last week I saw this XR250 http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/145199947.html

Just be careful there are a few scams on that website.

Also check http://www.recycler.com/

I know you are in AZ but a drive to Los Angeles might be worth it to you for a good deal. Or ask the if they will ship it.

Ya, I Am Prepared To Drive Alittle Ways, I Found My Bike On Cycle Trader, '02 XR250R, Powercore IV, Rough, Really Rough! But You Couldn't Beat The $1,200 Price Tag! Needless To Say My Dad And I Left Town Sunday @ 5AM, We Found The Bike On Cycle Trader Saturday Night.

I Was Just Wondering If I Had Missed Someplace To Search, I'll Start To Look On Craig's List And The Recycler

yeah, that bike in the ad is what you're looking for. older bike, good condition, etc. 2250, you walk in with 1900 cash and i'll bet he'll help you load it up. one thing to ask, does all that extra stuff come on it? are you SURE it was your daughter's bike? i mean, come on, my bike doesn't even have a front rotor guard. this thing has an enduro tool bag, barkbusters, a rotor guard...

either way, who cares. as long as there aren't any horrid noises from the tranny (esp. 2nd gear) and the thing doesn't burn oil or tick like a sewing machine, you're fine. and even if it DOES burn oil, you can re-ring this thing and do a top end on it in about 3 weeks for about 500$ if you have any mechanical skill, a bit more if you need the head sent out.

keep us posted on the hunt. hate to see someone, especially female, not ride because they don't have a machine. so few women ride and i bet a lot more WOULD had they the right bike and a little exposure and time on the dirt. once they've learned, it's a sport they can do the rest of their lives with other good people.

Can I be your sister? Will you buy me a bike too? Just having fun with you. I would be pissed also if you sold my bike without a replacement in the garage. Better get busy. You know us ladies can be really nasty when we are pissed off. :confused::bonk::bonk: I only wish I could have gotten into dirtbiking sooner how lucky she is. ?:bonk:?

I've got a 2002 XR250R advertised in the TT classifieds. There are a couple of others there, too. I've been looking at prices, and they vary a lot based on location and condition. There have been some decent ones going for around $2000, so I would agree that you will find one if you keep looking. It seems like the "rarely used" variety are priced a bit higher (~$2600-$2950), but if you show up with cash you can usually take at least a couple of hundred off a price in that range.

I'm having the same problem locating a 2004 WR450. If you know someone where you are that has a nice clean one they want to sell, maybe we could work out a deal on the shipping where I bring mine to you and pick up the WR!

LOL

it looks as though you're buying your kids bikes.... do you have room for one more? i'm up for adoption. i'm thinking less powerwheels and more KTM525.

p.s. how's dad on maintenance?

Sorry can't help you out. Just got a puppy in Oct. That's more than enough, our son turned 2 today & the puppy id almost 9 months, the soon to be 6yr old isn't much trouble for the most part.

Dad's bike(s) well the 650 had a cam chain catastrophe and chewed up the entire engine. So he got a new engine from Service Honda. The 450 new Valves better quality of course & piston recently. My bike has of course only required minimal service. I keep thinking of getting a CRF250X then I think about the service part. I love my tank. The 50 needed a new throttle cable. I think some adults were having a little to much fun on it. The powerwheels is an over all winner of course. No gas needed. No parts yet front fender could use some 100mph tape though. The battery even last longer than one would imagine.

i have a 96 xr250r that i will probably sell you, but its in montana. how does around 1900 shipped sound?

Where In Montana?

I'll Need To See Some Pics But That Sounds Pretty Good, I'll PM You My E-Mail So You Can Shoot Me A Few Pics

you know, my buddy decided to help me do a new top end and piston in the XR400. he has a 650R, and he insisted we do cam chain. you know what that means, right foot peg, rear brake lever, side cover, CLUTCH, DRIVE GEAR, oil pump gear, it all comes out.

now i know why he insisted, lol... one bad cam chain can ruin your day.

i have a 01 xr250.. white brothers full system, new rear tire, k and n filter, it is in great condition and runs perfectly.. i am asking 2500..........

heres a picture of it

33db035b.jpg

Thats Kinda Far, I'm Checking Into A Few Other People's Offer's. Thanks Though, It Looks Like A Nice Bike