Sound Test Question

Does anyone know if my 05' will pass the db test at metcalf stock? I believe I'll need at least pick up an approved spark arrester end cap. I hope I don't have to go and pick up an exhaust system tonight.

Thanks In advance for your time!

?

Does anyone know if my 05' will pass the db test at metcalf stock? I believe I'll need at least pick up an approved spark arrester end cap. I hope I don't have to go and pick up an exhaust system tonight.

?

what's the dbs limit out there? every 450 around here with stock exhaust has been passing with 94-96 with good packing

The stock '05 tests right at 96db. It will also depend on jetting too. Those little pops you get out of the exhaust now and then show a spike on the meter of a couple decibles.

If you put a Pro Moto Billet spark arrestor endcap on it, you should pass, and if you run their optional silent insert, it will pass no problem.

Remember that you are allowed a tolerance of +/- 1.5db on the test, so technically you could test at 97.5db and still pass. Of course this is something the Rangers don't tell you, so if you test just over 96db, I would bring it up. It is written in the standards of testing for motorcycles.

:confused:

Met-Calf / All State Calif. Parks is .96 Db and Spark Arrestor required.

Hollister is where they will get ya ?

www.promoto.com ? get the insert..

I run without the insert on the weekends , but mid week forget about it.

Although Met-Calf is closed: Tues. Wed.

2005 CRF450R - HOLLISTER HILLS , CA. 500 – 1500’ 50 – 68 Deg.

JETTING: 170 MAIN / 45 PILOT / 1.25 AIR/FUEL / 2006 NEEDLE #4 Clip Pos.

FACTORY CONNECTION WORKS SHOWA KIT

COMPLETE TWIN AIR FILTER “KIT”

SCOTT EXTEND AIR FUEL SCREW

WORKS CONNECTION GUARDS

CHAIN: DID MX520

PRO TAPER CR “HI-BEND”

BRIDGESTONE 201/202

PRO MOTO END CAP – SPARKY ONLY

CYCRA PRO BEND HAND GUARDS

OHLINS DAMPENER LOWER STEERING MOUNT

IMS TANK with QUICK FILL

18" REAR HONDA OEM HUB / RIM