The death wobble?

Hey guys, just wondering what your take is on this, today i suffered a pretty bad what my friend called a death wobble, after swerving to avoid hitting a quad I hit a sandy ass hill, starting wobbling hardcore, was tossed of my 650L, went dark for a minute, got up and recovered, the quad didnt stop, figures but how do I overcome this wobble, do I gas it out, hit the brakes? what

If you had a stabilizer that wouldn't happen.......maybe. My XR400 (w/ a scotts) is very stable compared to my XR250 and XR650L. My 650L does seem to have more wobble than it should, but luckily it hasn't caused me any problems.

If you had a stabilizer that wouldn't happen...

maybe is correct.

If you could have, and had the thought to, gassing it might have been the way to correct the DW. Gassing it lightens the front end and creates the pull you need to keep your rear end from trying to pass your front. IMO

• Experts
If you had a stabilizer that wouldn't happen.......maybe. My XR400 (w/ a scotts) is very stable compared to my XR250 and XR650L. My 650L does seem to have more wobble than it should, but luckily it hasn't caused me any problems.

Possibly , but you might want to recheck your rear shock sag numbers also.

Dwight

if you do decide to gas it don't ever let off especially on a four stroke as the front end becomes heavy which the increase wobble. As Stated before the best way to deal with this is to gas it and get your ass as far back as poss.

When in doubt, throttle out! Remember, gas will always save your ass. Braking a bigbore 4-stroke only will make it worse, the same goes for chopping the throttle, it would be the same as slamming the rear brake, as far as the 650's are concerned, they have a right hand rear brake control, by chopping the throttle. Squeaze the crap out of the bike and try to throttle out smoothly, usually works for me. ?

Peoples natural instint is to survive, when things go to shit we back off the throttle.

99% of the time gassing it gets us out of trouble, in your case here if you gassed it you could have drove the bike out of it. gets the weight of the bike on the rear and drives out of it, back off and it loads the front and it will knife on you, tuck under and off you go through the air doing a super man, or a double half pike with a twist.

Gas it Bro