Sign in to follow this  

CRF450X bike build off bike.

Looks like a whole lot of show and not alot of.....well, you know. They took a bike that comes pretty close to perfect from the factory and drove it through the equivalent of a pep boys for mx. I guess if $$ is no object then by all means, but for the average guy that bike is a waste.

You should look a little closer, yes I agree it IS a tad gaudy, BUT I would love to have THAT suspension on my bike.

As far as Money as no object.....You seen the TT bike???? Now theres a conversation piece.......of Shit that is....!

You should look a little closer, yes I agree it IS a tad gaudy, BUT I would love to have THAT suspension on my bike.

As far as Money as no object.....You seen the TT bike???? Now theres a conversation piece.......of Shit that is....!

Do you ever have anything helpful or positive to say?

Too much white for the red dirt around here, heck raining so much you can't ride it anyway.

I thought this forum was about thumpers...or is this "pimp my ride" now?

You could buy two bikes, and have them both professionally maintained and ready to go each weekend for the cost of that one ugly bike.

-

The person who thinks this is a good idea truly has his priorities out of whack!

And you know they are slow as hell, or why waste all that time worrying about what others will think about how your bike looks............

the bike isn't the prettiest thing.. for sure. But look at the rest of the competition. Im sure all you fellow TT'rs have seen the DRZ475? That is the ugliest bike ive seen in my life, it looks like a sack of shit that was tossed out going down the road. The ktm project bike entry.. Well... its a 2stroke 300, but a trail bike and it doesnt look bad but i find that to be no competition at all for the 450X.

The service honda entry is the only one im worried about for the competition of the 450x. They sent in a CR500AFX... thats like sending the nuke out. :thumbsup:

if the 450X would just have the stock headlight it would be SOO much better than that ugly ass XR type headlight. Anyways i guess we'll see what wins.. the best looking one is the AFX.. worst looking is the DRZ.. most money wasted is also the DRZ.. and to be honest i'd rather have my bike over any of the so called "dream bikes".

I thought this forum was about thumpers...or is this "pimp my ride" now?

You could buy two bikes, and have them both professionally maintained and ready to go each weekend for the cost of that one ugly bike.

-

The person who thinks this is a good idea truly has his priorities out of whack!

And you know they are slow as hell, or why waste all that time worrying about what others will think about how your bike looks............

When I read this, I thought this statement was so rediculous and negative in nature, I actually went and added up the total cost of the mods, just to prove it wrong.

It becomes slightly difficult to do, simply because the suspension costs are hard to find online, as well as the baja designs costs. However, I got myself into the ballpark and it is around $6,000. Now I'm no professional racer, nor have I had my bikes professionally maintained, but I can say with some certainty, the costs of the mods do NOT exceed buying two 2005 450X's, let alone pay to have them professionally maintained for racing. I would assume those costs are in the tens of thousands of dollars.

I'm sure your comments were intended to be sarcastic, but they are presented in such a negative manner, I had to put them in their place. No matter what preference any of us might have as to how these bikes look, the purpose of the whole bike build was to mod a bike to "dream" status and put it up against some stiff competition. Why? because thats just down right FUN! Anyone can go test out a stocker, shoot, there are hundreds of posts and articles on that here and in magaizines. And that will only run you the cost of a new bike. But to see a dream bike, based on member suggestions become reality....well thats priceless.

Cheers -Steve

that is cool that i finally get to see the finished product. I have been helping build that thing for the past few months

Secrets.jpg

The service honda entry is the only one im worried about for the competition of the 450x. They sent in a CR500AFX...

If the 450X would just have the stock headlight it would be SOO much better than that ugly ass XR type headlight. .

Are CR 500's fast...Yes

Will they vibrate and shake out your fillings while making your entire body go numb......YES.

If Honda had made a counterbalanced 500 2 stroke, it would have been super sweet, but they didnt.....

If you rode at night you would love that ugly Baja Designs headlight!

Sarcastic? yes (duh). Negitive? No, not if is sarcastic. Inaccurate? Maybe.

Forks $4,500

Installation labor for project 2,000.00: That's one bike.

CRF450R: 6,500.00 That's two

Remainder of mods: 2,500.00 Thats 8 shop visits, with parts and labor.

All I'm saying (if you really didn't get it) is that it's about the RIDING..........not the looking at that makes it real. ANYONE

Im all about function....and riding. Like I said before, I wouldnt say no to that suspension. All the anodized red(that will soon be pink) stuff and graphics I can do without, I am not a big fan of the white graphics as well, but hey, to each his own.

I would like to add that suspension to my existing ride, to me that would be a dream bike.