Sign in to follow this  

How many of you wish it was a 5-speed?

xerces - I changed my way of thinking after the previous way of thinking nearly ended me up in hospital, maybe a bodybag, the 14/47 IS MORE THAN ENOUGH for that flat desert type stuff, once you get going man you in for a treat specially scince I dont have a stabiliser yet, I've also become acustomed to the 4 speed and how far this thing pulls, still the 14/50 is really great allrounder when you got to climb and it's tight with the odd long straight.

On Sunday's I morph from Chillwabbitt to WarWabbitt and it's all out experimentation :thumbsup:.

One of the things I love about this forum is I get to take all the goodies ppl leave here and I perform a "TEST DAY" (quite official you know), generally I end up on my arse but it's good for learning like I say you got to be young and stupid to be old and wise....

This Sunday I'm going Wabbitt huntin AaaaaaaaahHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, I know what you mean with your "body bag" bag comment. Hell, even 2nd gear got completely away from me which resulted in my collar bone being shattered in 4 pieces and wrapped in titanium. I'm close to healed though and will probably be hitting some dirt again this weekend! I'm so stoked and so ready to go on my own medium paced "wabbitt huntin" expedition. :thumbsup:

I changed the rear sprocket to a 48 and my son loves it.It made 1st gear more usable and gave it the top end he needed.

I would sell my KX500 if they had a 5 speed. I need a fifth gear for desert and the dunes.

i live in western montana and am seriously considering getting a kx450f for riding in the woods. if this bike goes faster than60 miles per hour(80?)than who needs a fifth? besides,doesnt that make the four that are there more effective for what its designed for? this bike seems like it would be the ultimate woods bike!......gentlemen ,what say you?? :thumbsup:

In my humble opinion this is the best bike ever and it has so many setup configurations you can adjust it for any riding style and type just takes a little play time.

hey my name is nick,

i ride dunes more than half the year so i needed to know how this bike holds in the dunes.....i switched to four strokes 3 years ago when i bought the honda 450.....and it held awesome in the dunes but has to much problems with the motor.....

so i wanted to know whats up with the kawi in the dunes....

thanks,

nick

Yea 80mph is fine, but we do a lot of Mexico rides where you really need to be able to do close to a 100mph. With the four speed you cant gear it high enough and still have a low enough first. With a 5 speed you would.

Yup!

I'd like a 5th gear right on the end of the 4th that's already in there!

The 50 in the rear gives me what I need for the "In the Trees" ridin' like out in North Carolina or even at Hollister...(Trail Riding, that is); So, I don't have the desire to go 14-47 on my "Trail Rider".

Also, when I ride with Brendan (He's on a KTM 50) I need that low gearing...and a kick-stand!

This bike is absolutley AWE INSPIRING on the trail...it's going to need a 5-Speed, a Tank, An "Off-Road" skid-plate...etc.

Yup!

It's time for a KDX Fo-Fiddy!

hey my name is nick,

i ride dunes more than half the year so i needed to know how this bike holds in the dunes.....i switched to four strokes 3 years ago when i bought the honda 450.....and it held awesome in the dunes but has to much problems with the motor.....

so i wanted to know whats up with the kawi in the dunes....

thanks,

nick

Imagine a Honda 450 that carves a whole lot better and doesn't need a Valve Job every 15 minutes! :thumbsup: