Sign in to follow this  

Ready Filter

I just put a new ready filter in my 250f, and when i opened the package it was not what i expected it to be. :thumbsup: The stock filter, and twin air.....are way better filters thatn the ready racing one. I was very disapointed.....They are so flimsy

I have used ready filters since they came out , I have had no problems with them. they have worked get for me.

I have 3 unopened ready filters. I like the price (obviously) but haven't tryed them yet. how bad can they be? Or is a "you pay for what you get" situation.

i had the same problem. the picture is differant from what you get. I think it is junk. I havent used it yet and i will proably only use it once.

One of the best products out there. They work perfect for one use and throw away however, I do oil them again before installing. Take this test, wash your regular filter as best you can and let it dry. Then hold it over a smooth piece of glass or some clean white paper or something and tap it against your hand and you will be shocked at the amount of dirt and sand that comes out.

That will never happen with a Ready Filter that is used once.

They also use a VERY sticky oil on the Ready Filters out of the package, it does not allow the filter to snap back into normal shape. I have used them and even washed/reused them at different points and so far have not had anything get past one into the airboot that I can see. After it gets dirty trying washing it out with simple green and some laundry detergent, you will be amazed how much better it forms and looks after the stock sticky oil is taken off.

I personally reoil all my filters with Klotz Foam filter spray, easy to work with and stops everything.

One of the best products out there. They work perfect for one use and throw away however, I do oil them again before installing. Take this test, wash your regular filter as best you can and let it dry. Then hold it over a smooth piece of glass or some clean white paper or something and tap it against your hand and you will be shocked at the amount of dirt and sand that comes out.

That will never happen with a Ready Filter that is used once.

I clean my air filter every ride if it looks dirty or not. I use UNI filters that seperate so they are easier to clean. And I use gas, then soapy water to clean it. No dirt or sand is left in the filter.

$10 for a filter for every ride would get expensive around my house. 2 bikes + 4 rides a month = $80 per month for filters.... I'll stick with my UNI's. They cost $25 and last all year long. :thumbsup:

And I use gas

I use ready filters and have no problems ive been able to reuse them twice every time wit no problems....and for anyone who dosent know ur not suppose to use gas to clean ur air filter :thumbsup: ...i think its because it deterrioates the foam i forgot where i read it at but ive had several people tell me the same thing as well

I just put a new ready filter in my 250f, and when i opened the package it was not what i expected it to be. :ride: The stock filter, and twin air.....are way better filters thatn the ready racing one. I was very disapointed.....They are so flimsy

yes all of the above i just put one in my rmz looks better in the photo than the flesh made in taiwan it feels like crap really thin foam i had to re-oil mine it was dry ill be goin back to twin air they are quality plus :crazy:

about those filters i see in a mag just recently that TWIN AIR has brought out a pre oiled twin air filter. these should definateley be of a much better quality and be oiled with a better oil.

So I wasted my money...too! Oh well I save it as a backup in a pinch! Has anyone tried Pro-Element filters in their beasts? :crazy: