stupid question (changing grips)?!?!?!?!?

i had a bit of trouble with a hill climb last sunday and it tore up my grips (along with a few other things)pretty bad. i bought new ones and i cant's get the grip off the trottle and cutting it got annoying. what's the trick I'm out of ideas......

Take some carb cleaner or brake cleaner and stick the red tube down under the grip in between the grip and the bar. Spary it, and you should be able to twist it off. That cleaner stuff just eats away the glue!

i tried the left side came off with out it but the right side is almost like it's bonded to the twist throttle....

I'm guessing from your avatar that you're talking about your Suzuki. Right? I had a zook once and when I went to change out the grips it became one of the most frustrating events of my life. I've probably taken off 30 pairs of grips and that one was bar non magnitudes harder than all the rest put together. I don't know what kind of adhesive Suzuki uses, but like you said, the plastic of the grip and the plastic of the throttle tube had completely bonded together. I ended up cutting off little chunks with a razor knife, scraping the tube like crazy, ?:confused::bonk::foul:? , and then I just sanded it down with a power sander until I could get another pair of grips to go over the mess. Ugh. Sorry. But that's how I had to do it. Never want to ever do that again!!!!! Bill

I wish we could all buy grips as one and not have to get a set. I tear the ends on all my clutch side grips but never my throttle sides... and I have to buy a set of 2. so I have like 10 brand new throttle grips sitting in the shop

I wish we could all buy grips as one and not have to get a set. I tear the ends on all my clutch side grips but never my throttle sides... and I have to buy a set of 2. so I have like 10 brand new throttle grips sitting in the shop

Dude!!!???? Your joking right.

I was going to suggest spraying the inside with wd40, but that doesnt seem to be an option with Suzuki after reading. Just slice away with a razor, then scotchbrite it so its kinda smooth. The outside of the throttle tube doesnt have to be very nice, it's the inside that counts.

If you don't have "bar ends" on the bar's slip a nickel in the grip and put it on.This helps more than you would think! ?

Well guys i got it done, thanks for all the comments they really helped out. i cut them off with a utility knife and used a wood file to get off the smaller stuff it was a bitch but it's know complete and ready to kick that hill climbs @$$. i al-so put on a set of moose bark busters hopefully this will give it more protection cuz next time I'm just gonna buy a new throttle tube!!!!!!!!!!!!

04' DR-Z 400 ?

04' Yamaha Banshee ?

NEPA rocks