Charging battery

I know I've seen this answered but I'm unable to find it..

Should I charge my battery at 6 or 12 volts? I've been trickle charging at 6 volt setting. Today I went to start it and not enough juice to start.. There is an indicator on the charger that lights up for either "charging" or "charged", the "charged" one is lit ?

12v

The owner's manual says:

"The standard charging rate is 0.7A x 5 to 10 hours."

Then it says:

"CAUTION

Exceeding the standard charging rate for the battery can shorten it's life.

Never exceed the standard charging rate."

So, looks like 12 volts at 0.7 amps for 5 to 10 hours (according to Suzuki).

WGW

Ok thanks! You think charging it at 6volt may have ruined it? When I set it on 12volt now, after a couple minutes the "problem" light comes on. It is a battery tender "type" charger that turns off when fully charged.

If the battery has not been maintained above 6 volts for a long time (like all winter) it is probably a gonner. Have a shop charge it with a real charger to see if it can be "kick-started" back to life. I have no idea what the lights on your tender mean. Get a volt meter and use that.

I charge mine once per month for 12 hours, at 12 volts and 2 amps, while I have it in the basement for winter storage. I've been doing this for years, with dozens of bikes and jetskis. I've never had to replace a battery.

Free tip...

Never store your battery on a concrete floor. Always store it on a wooden shelf or bench.