Looking to buy KDX 220

I found my KDX220 by researching various Kawi dealers web sites looking for closeouts/leftovers etc. It was a very time consuming process even finding them but this link below should help quicken the process. Click on link and scroll down to the lower right hand side to find dealers. You can change states as you move on. I would suggest going to each dealer site starting with the closest ones to you/Oregon first and simply fill out a request a quote that pops up on that link. Say stuff like, hey you have any leftover Kdx's hanging around and leave them your e-mail. Your really not going to save any money unless you find somebody with an older new/leftover KDX such as a 2003 or 2004. The reason I suggest doing this is because even though they might not have one in their store they might know where to get one. They say oh yeah we have one in house but in reality they have it shipped from some place else cheaply with other bikes/parts etc. Then they sell it to you for 3000-3500 bucks and still make a few bucks off it. It might be below dealer cost but they have to get rid of them before they are not worth anything.

I picked up my leftover 2004 KDX220 this way. I sent in a request asking if they had any leftover 2005 KDX220's and he sent me something back saying no but they had a 2004 crated up and in the warehouse. I highly suspect he had it shipped in ? maybe not??

Obviously this wont work unless its close enough to drive and pick it up. For me shipping was not an option because of Cost.

kawasaki dealers link

well ive never used the kdx220 carb. when i got the bike it came with the 200 carb on it. This is what i can tell you. I though originally the bike had the stock carb, i didnt find out it was the 200 carb untill i took it on the road to just go as fast as i could. I really noticed a strong pull in the top end, i mean the bike had pep in 6th gear. I found this to be odd considering the 220 was not known for its top end. So i pulled the carb and measured it, sure enough it was the 200 carb. I have never had any difficulties with the low end, i think it has great low end.

As much as i cant tell you about the 220 carb i told you about the 200 carb, you can compare and see if the 200 carb is right for you. If you all have any other questions let me know. I suggest you go get one if you can get it cheap. If not have eric gorr or whoever it is bore and put a plate in your carb for $165. And if you really got money buy the airstryer carb.