crf450 setup for harescrambles?

Anyone tell me the best setup and mods for hare scrambles?04crf450

I just added handguards and got the suspension done on my 04. I already had radiator guards and a skid plate. For hare scrambles down here in Florida it seems to work great.

Other than that unless your a "A" rider some of the other stuff seems to be overkill.

The good news is that you can spend whatever you want and the guys here can certainly tell you where to spend it.

I ran my first two races end of last year with nothing more than a stock 450 with handguards, skidplates, soft tires and one tooth over stock gearing. Any tips on suspension setup, gearing, or riding tips on how to get this beast through the tight stuff would be much appreciated.

Anyone tell me the best setup and mods for hare scrambles?04crf450

REAR SPROCKET 49 - 52 DEPENDS ON TERRAIN

WORKS CONNECTION GUARDS

CHAIN: DID MX520

PRO TAPER CR “HI-BEND”

BRIDGESTONE 201/202

PRO MOTO END CAP – SPARKY ONLY

CYCRA PRO BEND HAND GUARDS

OHLINS DAMPENER LOWER STEERING MOUNT

IMS TANK with QUICK FILL

18" REAR HONDA OEM HUB / RIM

FACTORY CONNECTION SUSPENSION

COMPLETE TWIN AIR FILTER “KIT”

SCOTT EXTEND AIR FUEL SCREW

You can also cut up to 1 1/2 inches off your bars. ( 1 1/2" off each side ) We did when we ran our XR's thru the tight stuff and it helps quite a bit! That helped me the most when I ran Ma. / RI. scrambles.

You might want to look into getting a flywheel weight too!

Stealhy or Trail Tech(which I have).

Any real tight riding and you can really lug the bike before she'll stall!! :thumbsup:

I was gonna try my first harescramble on Sunday, but broke both leg bones at my ankle on Wed. :thumbsup: while riding a little track in my back yard. Looks like I'll be out for 4-6 weeks now. My bike already has the heavy flywheel, narrow bars, frame and radiator guards, bark busters, radiator mounts and a kickstand (don't have to hunt for a tree :thumbsup: ).