100 mile ride

i ride a crf250r and im goin on a 100 mile ride tommorow in the desert/mountian with about 30 other guys, ive never rode more than a tank of gas in one day so im new at the long ride... is there anything i should do to prepare myself for it? thank for the feedback guys

Bring gas, money,food and water......

I don't know where you ride, but the only thing to bring would be fuel and drinking water and lunch. I would figure you should get around 35MPG for fun riding, and a little more for just buzzing along enjoying the day. I would take a gallon of fuel, dump it in after the first 40 and you should be good to go.

I would most definitely find a way to pad the backside. 100 miles on a hard seat is no fun. two words "monkey butt"

I would bring a number for a taxi, as your bike will not make it more than 60 miles.. Thumbs out!!

Bring some 4 wheeler guys to haul your gas around :thumbsup:

i would get a desert tank...a crf would make it like 50 miles on one tank

yeah a desert tank, you would go at least 100 miles

I would take a few advil a few times a day prior to the ride. It will limit monkey but and other rashes or soreness. Also you can use some kind of Powder like Gold Bonds in your sock and shorts to keep dry. May sound goofy but I did this helped me get through 1350 miles of Baja in 6 days.

Also make sure your group has a plan for not leaving anyone out in the desert. I recommend a riding order start with most experienced to least experienced and then one or two other good riders as a sweep. Also try to keep the group moving as much as possible or it will feel like 200 Miles before your done.

Have fun.

Z

A Hydration pack without doubt :thumbsup:

Money for lunch and petrol, i am assuming you are passing a petrol station on the route or if not then you must have a fuel dump somewhere.

Money, a cell phone/walkie, a GPS (if you have one), basic tools (screwdrivers, 8, 10, 12mm wrenches/sockets, plug wrench) maybe an extra plug or two. Definitly get a hydration pack. I assume you are going to pass a gas station, or have already stashed gas along the trail.

Bring gas, money,food and water......

:thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

Money, a cell phone/walkie, a GPS (if you have one), basic tools (screwdrivers, 8, 10, 12mm wrenches/sockets, plug wrench) maybe an extra plug or two. Definitly get a hydration pack. I assume you are going to pass a gas station, or have already stashed gas along the trail.

Thank god someone mentioned a tool pack with the basics but I'm going to add to this list. Bring a tow strap, not a tie down but a ligit tow strap with loops on both ends and 8-10 feet in length.

www.blueridgeracing.com sells all the goods for long rides, I picked up their Enduro III pack combo and will never ride without it, even if we are going for a 10 mile put.

have fun i just got back from a 3 day trip and i rode a little ove 200 miles